Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Why does the wife always interrupt

8 hour trip across the pond. Turning final, VATSIM controller issuing commands into my headset. The trolley dolley comes up behind me and says, "I've got a trunk full of groceries, I need your help now". Why on God's green earth can she not do this when I am over the Atlantic? Happens every weekend.

Eric 

hahalike yesterday i was uploading the POSKY A330s...wich took about 2 hours, and she says.. "You have been on that computer all afternoon..bla bla" They just dont understand the importance of a release date hehe

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Option #1 - Hit the "P" Key << recommendedOption #2 - Hit the wife <<< NOT recommendedOption #3 - Arrange to live alone << LOTS of free time to flyOption #4 - Teach wife to fly and buy a second computer - then YOU get to interrupt HER when she's on an ILS.Option #5 - Combine Options #2 & 3Just MHO,vgbDISCLAIMER: I DO NOT ENCOURAGE SPOUSAL ABUSE FOR ANY REASON!

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest clasamilasa

Ever noticed the stewardess enter the flight deck just before landing to announce that the cabin is secure? Wife entering room is built into FS2004 (and was in all previous versions). Part of "as real as it gets"!MichaelPS: You can prevent this by editing the fs9.cfg[spouse}Do_not_enter_on-Approach=1

Guest CargoMun

Hmm, this opens up a whole (worm)can of possibilities. Dressing the wife up as youre preferred F/A :D Will be hard to make her come by with peanuts and to check if seat is in upright position though lol :)About the fs9.cfg. In case you people havent noticed, there IS functions for just that purpose ;)PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1 :D

And, if it's not the wife, it's the cat - and ALWAYS on finals! I suddenly encounter a thick ginger-striped haze. A previously undocumented hazard but one which is invariably fatal!

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Guest Squitters

This is why pc's have IRQ's...'her indoors' interupts and if ya don't responed in timey fashion you get an error code, this codeis generated by the sim user seeing stars after be 'wellied' bya large frying pan to the back of the head...:-(ps to be safe someone else is writing this for me, I was not here,nope, no way......:-lolS :D

Guest bfindlay

Hi Guys,Here's an answer from a "wife". My husband was laughing so hard reading these messages and then told me what was going on. So I have a response for you. It seems that the time for your final approaches seems to converge with the "honey I need you to...." because you have been on the computer so long that we (wives) do actually need some help by then. It is not a conspiracy, though that's a thought.....Believe me, I don't relish the thought of interrupting a final approach, but how would we possibly know when you have been locked away downstairs for the past______hours ??Have fun with your little video flying games.a wife

Guest Squitters

:-eek holy smokes.!! one's on the loose, I'm off.....:-lol next post will be from the upper reaches of the Amazon :-abduct S :D

I got an answer. We should hook up those cabin bells that we always here while flying with the little blue light that clicks on just outside the cockpit door on the ceiling telling the F/A the flight crew needs something. We can just put the little light with a tiny speaker for the chime in the living room or kitchen.1 chime: We need you to bring us something to eat/drink.2 chimes: FS and/or aircraft is doing something it is not supposed too and do not enter now because our blood pressure/fustration level/swearing is rising proportionatly to the degree of the problem.3 chimes: On finals, do not enter unless house on fire and then only if you cannot control the fire.

Eric 

Guest ba747heavy

LOL @ Erics post :)

Aint it the way. I love you to dear. No, no, not you approach controller. I just had a Wifus Interruptus moment. Same as a Kodak moment.JimCY Wifus InterruptusPS I like that saying. Noel gets the credit for that.

Guest christian

A strategy that works reasonably well is tucking everyone in front of the TV. The remaining problem is that you have to time your final not to be during ad-breaks or when a movie finishes...Even better solution is investing into a home entertainment unit and keeping a regular selection of girly dvds in house. Doesn't work all the time, but definitely a noticable improvement...Christian

Guest cbrandall

Be real careful....other wives might read this and we will all be dead!

Guest LLgaz

Put one of those radio station signs that says "On Air" with the Red light, outside your door. Only difference is that instead of saying "on air" it should say "On Final Approach" and the RED light should be flashing.That way they should know that you shouldn't be disturbed.Or you could always withold the "kiss" ........not recommended though because if girlfriends are like wives, you withold one "kiss" and they withold 50 "kisses" when you actually want one.