Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Why does the wife always interrupt

Guest HardHouseUK

May I just say that this is not just a heterosexual problem...My boyfriend has successfully interrupted three ILS approaches this past weekend - both around that critical time around decision height.He doesn't understand that asking me to "pause" the simulation will help the situation (as I am sure the rest of you will understand).No gay jokes please;-)CheersAdam

Guest daveg4otu

There are three things that can be done to combat these situations-1:The best solution ,as said somewhere further up the thread ,is to buy her a PC of her own with some suitable "woman oriented " software.However,even this can be dangerous. Once her PC is up and running nicely,all software installed etc. NEVER NEVER upgrade anything (IE :adding RAM,new graphics card etc).If you do(I did),and there are any problems (there were),your life may become very fraught("It was working fine till you stared poking around inside").2:Place wife and her PC as far away as you can(EG : Garden shed,greenhouse or similar).Install locks and soundproofing in your PC room and also wear headphones when flying on line - gives valid excuse"I couldn't hear you darling- did you call?"3: Pray she doesn't read this!Dave

Guest wycliffe1

I was just going to mention cats, I had flown from Cardiff to Swansea just a short hop but one I like to do in VFR. Just as I turned onto finals 300`agl "Jack" my devoted black familiar leaps on the desk and strolls across my keyboard with his tail up in the air which seems to block the the part of my 21" monitor that contains the runway.The strange thing is he only does this on my fave Cardiff _ Swansea VFR Flight, any other flight he just curls up around my feet. Which can be a bugger if I'm using my CH footpedals.

Guest Salbado

Exactly what happens to me...and I have a home cockpit situated in a spare room with no room to spare! On final - 200 1/2 - needles alive and stable...wind shear, rain, cleared to land and bam! "I need help with groceries now! Things are going to melt, get down here"Pause does not work here, does it? " Honey, two more minutes" " I gotta land this thing"And then, you need to shoot a missed approach...Oh well...Maybe tonight when everyone is a asleep.

Guest Boone

Listen to this;Following the news of the POSKY A330 V2 withdrawal from the library yesterday :( I kept a close vigil on it's status. To my surprise it was still there throughout my day in work :-). So, I decided to cut out early and rush home to download the -300 version (as I already have the -200)!Got home, ran the phone line down the stairs in my new home, dialed in and low and behold the A330-300 was still there :7 ! Excellent I thought, I'll grab this puppy before she's gone for good. Well dial up being dial up, I knew it would take a while so I went about my business and had a cup of tea with (insert Jaws music here) ..... THE WIFE :-bat .We had a little chat, "how was your day?" etc. etc. when nature called!It was after this quick trip to the loo that I stepped out into the hallway to find (more Jaws music) THE WIFE rolling up the phone wire! NOOOOOOO!!!! :-bang I quickly grabbed the wire, plugged it back in, dialed up, logged in and found the file was gone! I had downloaded 85% of the A330 - 300! :-violin I think, first of all, I need to get Broadband now! (but ...THE WIFE won't let me) and secondly get a new wife, no get a life, nahh be greatful I have the -200 version!:-walksmile Boone,"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea." E. Cantona

Guest ScottPilot

Never fails here....The wife always seems to need to talk about something right in the middle of an ILS or other approach. she says, just "pause" the sim, but doing that totaly takes away from the simming experience of that approach. (You can't do that in the real airplane).The only time this doesn't happen is when I'm shooting a real ILS, since the wife hates to fly, she is rarely with me when I am in the real airplane.Oh well, just one more part of being married.Happy simming!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS

Guest shanwick

Since I like flying the older stuff - DC3s and that - I suggested to the wife one day that we might go get a nice 1960's style stewardess uniform, high heels, black stockings with seams ... you know the sort of thing :-)Think she said something like pervert as she walked out of the room and hasn't come back since :-lolDavid

Guest CargoMun

Reminds me of a scetch in the comedy show called The Fast Show (UK people will know) where a scruffy looking fella actually forces his wife to sit in a airplane chair he has made and be passenger while he flies a transatlantic flight lolHe actually HAS got FS2002 on the screen as well.He forces her to among other things say DING DONG whenever she wants anything like peanuts or a drink and make like she is ringing the F/A bell above her head each time :DAn idea perhaps and rightly so, you would never get interrupted again.. EVER! Maybe by the divorce lawyer who knows!!

That's perfect Dave. I like that. Although I think she knew you had other things on your mind. Coffee, tea or me!! HA HaJimCYWG

I would say cats has a sixth sense. So it's not strange he's doing it on your particular VFR flights. THEY KNOW... And as far as curling up around your feet. I say again, THEY KNOW...I have yet to see my wife doing that though. Interupting is one thing, but never managed to get her to curl up around my legs yet... :-DROFLMAO funniest thread I've read in a long, long timeYou guys make my day, and TGIF,

Guest Gordius

In the hope that Pete Dowson is reading this surely he could add an appropriate option within FSUIPC? As for myself I took what I thought would be the easy option. Divorce. My problem used to be then how to keep out the kids who grew up with me rather than the ex. I found investing a few thousand pounds in games console's, TVs, CD-Players, Video Players, Sattelite TV, swimming pool, cars, home cinema and a hefty bolt on the door to my room has done the trick - I hardly see the kids any more.Andrew"If it can go wrong it probably will. If it doesn't then turn it off"

Time to bring up this topic again.It was funny.Jim LDS767CYWG

Oh do I have to second this one too. The phone rings just as I am either intercepting the ILS or about to flare. I bet I have said d*(( more times than a drunken sailor. Today I had to ignor 5 phone calls so I could make my approach into a windy KPHX :-)Bob

Guest f1yerian

Oh the joys of being single again. If I wake up early during the week-end say 4am i can jump straight into my sim without any moaning!I was married until I laid the new (rather bumpy) patio!!!!!Te HeRegards Ian

You shouldn't be flying without a securely locked cockpit door - shame on you all.Andy b