Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Why does the wife always interrupt

Guest Kingair315

Consider yourself lucky... Had a similar set up in my home, running therapy sessions for clients as a Psychologist, with a sign: Do not Enter. DO NOT KNOCK.Do not even try the door. My wife knew that only in an emergency was she to interrupt me. One day, there was a knock on the door. When I opened it, she was choking on a piece of steak, and could not breathe. Fortunately had been at a restraunt for dinner two weeks earlier, and a Nurse had performed the Hiemlick maneuver. Quickly used it on my wife, and out popped the steak caught in her windpipe. It is VERY easy to learn, and every person would benefit from learning. Even young children have saved others after learing it in class. It took the Nurse less than five minutes in that Restraunt to show other diners what she had done, undoubtedly it had saved my wife. Bob

You should be happy yours wants a kiss. Mine usually wants to bust my b@#lls about something I've done, or haven't done! :-lol That's why I fly late-night, 2 hour flights, when everyone is asleep. If it's a long flight I'll save it and complete it when I can over the course of a few nights. Not the most realistic, but with two young children, that's about as real as it gets for me. I would be lying if I didn't admit to occassionally waking up to find myself circling around the destination airport at 30,000 feet! You probably want to avoid dead-heading on my aircraft....http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest B1900 Mech

"Tech Support Question" Desperately seeking technical support / advice: I'm currently runningthe latest version of Girlfriend 5.0 and I am having some problems.I've been running the same version of Drinking Buddies 10 for years as myprimary application and all the Girlfriend releases have alwaysconflicted with it. I hear that Drinking Buddies won't crash if you minimize Girlfriendwith the sound off, but since I can't find the switch to turn it off,I just run them separately and it seems to work OK. Girlfriend alsoseems to have a problem coexisting with GolfWare, often trying toabort my GolfWare program with some sort of timing incompatibility.I probably should have stayed with Girlfriend 1.0, but I thought I mightsee better performance with Girlfriend 2.0. After months of conflicts,I consulted a friend who has experience with Girlfriend 2.0. He saidI probably didn't have enough cache to run Girlfriend 2.0 and thateventually it would require a Token Ring upgrade to run properly.He was right. As soon as I purged my cache, Girlfriend 2.0 uninstalleditself. Shortly after that, I installed a beta version of Girlfriend 3.0.Allthe bugs were supposed to be gone, but the first time I used it, itgave me a virus. After a hard drive clean up and thorough virus scan Ivery cautiously upgraded to Girlfriend 4.0, this time using a SCSI probeand virus protection. It worked OK for a while until I discoveredGirlfriend 1.0 wasn't completely uninstalled! I tried to run Girlfriend 1.0again with Girlfriend 4.0 still installed, but Girlfriend 4.0 has anunadvertised feature that automatically senses the presence ofGirlfriend 1.0 and communicates with it in some way, resulting in theimmediateremoval of both versions! The version I have now works pretty well, but, like all versions,there are still some problems. The Girlfriend package is written in someobscure language that I can't understand, much less reprogram. AndI've never liked how Girlfriend is totally object-oriented. A year ago, afriend upgraded his version to Girlfriend-Plus 1.0, which is aTerminate-and-Stay resident version. He discovered that GirlfriendPlus 1.0expires within a year if you don't upgrade to Fiance 1.0. So he did. Butsoon after that, he discovered, you have to upgrade to Wife 1.0, which hedescribes as a "huge resource hog." It has taken up all his space, so hecan'tload anything else. One of the primary reasons that he upgraded to Wife1.0 is because it came bundled with FreeSex1.0. Well, it turns outthat the resource allocation module of Wife 1.0 sometimes prohibits accesstoFreeSex 1.0 (particularly the new "Plug and Play" items he wanted totry). On top of that, Wife 1.0 must be running on a well warmed-up systembefore he can do anything. And, although he did not ask for it, Wife1.0 came with mother-in-law 1.0, which has an automatic popup featurethat he can't turn off. I suggested that he install Mistress 1.0, but hesaidthat he has heard that if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife1.0,that Wife 1.0 will delete all your MSMoney files before uninstalling itself.Then Mistress 1.0 won't install anyway, due to insufficient resources. Is anybody out there able to resolve conflicts or offer technicaladvice?

LOLOL that was so funny!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I don't know about you blokes, but 15 hr flight followed by CatIII ILS or not, with 5 kids and no spare time - ever - if my wife decides she wants me to kiss her, I'll kiss her...that's a clearance I don't want to be cancelled!!regards,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Oh my God!!! I definitely, absolutely, urgently have to get married.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

And our friends at the FAA and Homeland Security will never tell you, but wives are the REAL reason for reinforced cockpit doors. Design one for FS and make a fortune in sales!

She did it again tonight. I was the origional poster of this thread. It has been 2 and a half years since I posted this and Cathy is still doing this. Man.... I still love her though.JimCYWG

Evidently all the designers at Microsoft have the same situation (it is NOT a problem!) that's why they put in the "P" (pause) function!Earl

Guest ssurjap

My cat is the same way. He always loves to jump up as if he's saying: I want attention now!Here he is trying to hyptonize me to play with him:http://www.bfihc.com/Sammy%20002a.jpgLuckily I had the AutoPilot on.

I've worn out two wives but still use Flight Sim. It's less frustrating. Flight simmers will know that this is a scathing indictment of marriage! I don't have a cat or dog and my kids are now grown up and off doing their own thing. All I get is phone calls and knocks on the door. Some are from other flight simmers who don't seem to understand I want to use it, not talk about it.I am currently learning all I can about being a grumpy old curmudgeon so people will leave me alone to swear at Microsoft's ATC voices... AAARRGH! The voices! The voices! They're back!:)

Guest DK8290

The incresed stress of landing causes one to give off certain chemical pheremones which are subconsciously picked up and result in the aforementioned occurance.