Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

JustFlight Arrow III starts up with gear up or shuts off?

Having some issues with the JF Arrow.. when i start up warm, i often find the gear is up (no double binds on my ch yoke or the quadrants, i have gear set to a switch on the one quadrant, up and down switches).

Then if i take off or just power full sitting with brakes on, after 30sec it shuts off and no degree of making sure pumps are on and cranking magnetos fixes it.

I removed all community folder content to rule that out.

If i go back to the main menu and relaunch, its no longer warm started and wont start.  I also lost the tablet and not sure how to get it to reappear.

If you let the AI control the plane it tries to turn it on unsuccessfully as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Edited by theskyisthelimit

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

1 hour ago, theskyisthelimit said:

Having some issues with the JF Arrow.. when i start up warm, i often find the gear is up (no double binds on my ch yoke or the quadrants, i have gear set to a switch on the one quadrant, up and down switches).

Then if i take off or just power full sitting with brakes on, after 30sec it shuts off and no degree of making sure pumps are on and cranking magnetos fixes it.

I removed all community folder content to rule that out.

If i go back to the main menu and relaunch, its no longer warm started and wont start.  I also lost the tablet and not sure how to get it to reappear.

If you let the AI control the plane it tries to turn it on unsuccessfully as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried just reinstalling it again? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use the "Landing Gear Toggle" key command for smaller aircraft, not a key for up, and a key for down, maybe you should try that instead.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I use the "Landing Gear Toggle" key command for smaller aircraft, not a key for up, and a key for down, maybe you should try that instead.

I use a toggle too..

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

23 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I've disconnected all controllers/quadrants, same issue.

I also reinstalled.. same issue.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

23 minutes ago, theskyisthelimit said:

I've disconnected all controllers/quadrants, same issue.

I also reinstalled.. same issue.

Check your keyboard for any key malfunction.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

In your controller setting, try using the default profile and see if that fixes it. If it does, you know you've got something configured wrong.

James

Its not keyboard related, its state or similar related i think:

From what i can see the batt volts is dropping to 0 after 30 seconds, even in a fresh state, even after switching aircraft. I initially had it on 'state saving' so i thought that was the issue but toggled it and restarted the sim, same difference

update, so i initially had no luck just switching aircraft using the dev menu, but, i went all the way to main menu, loaded up a situation with another, then back to main and its working

another update, so i thought i had found a workaround, appears it was a fluke, engine still dies after 30sec or less on a fresh flight.

The small toggle switch above the comm1 radio should get you ipad back in the cockpit.

Things to try:

On the ipad try recharging the battery, filling the oil, selecting 'auto fuel selector'.

Check there is fuel in both tanks, make sure the alternator is switched on and that the warning light for it not charging is not illuminated above the six pack. Make sure all the circuit breakers behind the right hand yoke are pushed in.

On the aircraft selector screen before loading up the flight, check all the failure and wear and tear settings. Make sure you are not at some hot and high place where the mixture needs to be leaned off to start the thing.

I know you've probably checked all that, but worth a shot. The fact that it's starting with the gear up would make me think a controller or other device is sending spurious commands to the sim, and that doesn't have to be a joystick incidentally, some USB plugs for things can cause conflicts when they send spurious commands. It's rare but its not impossible; I had a set of USB headphones once which when they were on their way out, started sending spurious commands to my flight sims. so see if that might be a possibility.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here