Sign in to follow this  
Noel

3/9/21 Update: major, variable persisting fps drops?

March 9 Update: significant performance issues post update?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced variable and persistent big drops in frame rate not typically occuring prior to the update?

• Yes, and it's still happening as of March 14th or later
    • Yes, but it's completely resolved as of March 14th or later
    • No, I've not had any performance anomalies as described post-update

5 minutes ago, Chock said:

Or maybe the whiny club is large?

It's a fact that people tend to be more vocal about problems because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. How many times have you been back to a shop to enthusiastically tell them about not having had any problems shopping there whatsoever and how great they're doing, as opposed to going back to a shop where you bought something which was busted?

That is true. However, this is where a poll is useful. The questions are simple, are you having a problem or not? Most folk say they are having a problem. Calling them the 'whiny club' is not useful and pretty freaking stupid.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Calling them the 'whiny club' is not useful and pretty freaking stupid.

Nope, that's a humorous comment when kept in the context of the post of which it was part, which alluded to people sometimes having genuinely legitimate cause for complaint which is when they become vocal about stuff. It's when you quoted it out of that context to alter its intent that it became stupid. Talk about something going over your head. Sheeesh.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes - very noticeable fps drops in areas that are not very complex and I have little 3rd party scenery installed.  For example just flying around my home area of Buffalo (which isn't very dense and I don't even have anything 3rd party installed in this area), I get sudden fps drops not long into a flight.  Of course it is just anecdotal observations which is always tough to gauge accurately, but I spend a lot of time flying around my home area and never had an issue like this. 

I removed a ton of mods before this update, so I'm running a pretty vanilla sim right now.  It is possible I'm doing something wrong suddenly, but it does seem the latest update has caused this issue (or at least made it more noticeable). 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

Nope, that's a humorous comment when kept in the context of the post of which it was part, which alluded to people sometimes having genuinely legitimate cause for complaint which is when they become vocal about stuff. It's when you quoted it out of that context to alter its intent that it became stupid. Talk about something going over your head. Sheeesh.

It wasn't a humorous comment to begin with. That would mean it was funny, and to be frank, it is just getting old to see people constantly using the word 'whiny', like they are getting paid every time they say it.

I can assure you I did not intentionally take it out of context to alter its intent. If that is truly what you thought I am deeply sorry. I will knock the dents out of your tinfoil hat my friend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

I'm not sure about this not being memory related.

I found this video on YouTube. Look at what is happening to the GPU memory when the frames drop:

I dont know what the exact cause is...but I just went back this AM to LIRQ after rebooting to see if that helped at all.  I spawned at the gate and then us the drone camera over the runway.  Exactly same issue - basically complete stutters over the runway - as soon as I moved the drone back to the gate they went away.  It would seem strange to be a memory issue if it occurs in the same spot - but who knows.   

This one is the worst issue out of any of them from Asobo for me.......I cant believe every update introduces an issue worst then the last.  The "we are investigating" response isnt going to last long at this point.

6 days since the update and the update still has not been pulled, reversed or a hotfix offered.  The "we are investigating" response is really begining to wear thin now.  Many of us have simulators that are barely usable as things stand. In any other industry, people would be starting to talk about class actions and the vendors would be quaking in their boots.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Main issue here is CTD when AI is enabled (offline, low settings at 20%) and trying to start sim with carenado’s PA44. Never before after updates. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Nope, I don't get it.

I've read in "context" and out. Still looks like mischievous name calling. Trying to pass it off as banter, Sheeesh. 

Oh, Nearly forgot 😉🤣

• Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

BTW I wanted to add I am not buying another add on in the marketplace if it seems its a lottery if I am going to be able to use it once I buy it…I have at least 10 or 12 I wanted to get. Perhaps the outside developers who may see drops in revenue can put some pressure on as well…

I am curious how things go for them when this kind of stuff occurs - probably they dont see any difference in the short term but I cant believe if this goes on for 2 to 3 weeks without an update that they dont get effected....not with (an unscientific poll to be sure) 80% of people responding are having issues.

Edited by marcg11

I've kept my install pretty clean, and with all of my updates, I've never experience a CTD. As to FPS, I can attest to a drop in fps. I still get 20 fps for the most part on my GTX 1060 1980res and ULtra settings. It's clear that, as with all sims since the early 80's, new technology and ideas don't provide for easy evolution. I think all developers are still exploring the sim, trying to find out what is right and what needs changes. It's the nature of innovation. Musk needs rockets to fail in order to make them not fail.

16 minutes ago, cianpars said:

6 days since the update and the update still has not been pulled, reversed or a hotfix offered.  The "we are investigating" response is really begining to wear thin now.  Many of us have simulators that are barely usable as things stand. In any other industry, people would be starting to talk about class actions and the vendors would be quaking in their boots.

I think part of the issue here was for some reason Asobo/MS didn't think it was an issue. They alluded as much in the last Q&A. Their big partner (AS) also followed the same route (maybe political, maybe because they have a big product coming out tomorrow).

It behooves MS/Asobo to fix this ASAP to make their customers and their partners happy. Otherwise this thing crumbles fast..

• Like 1

Hi,

I have a PC with the necessary requirements for MSFS 2020 to fly smoothly, but I have noticed, especially since yesterday, March 14, a slowness that I have never suffered before. I have also experienced small stops while flying in areas without airports or cities.

I had to configurate the visual options from high/ultra to medium. 

Edited by John Fields

7 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

It behooves MS/Asobo to fix this ASAP to make their customers and their partners happy. Otherwise this thing crumbles fast..

I think you're right they simply didn't know the issue was there and are very likely scrambling to discover its cause(s).  I think they clearly now know it needs fixed quickly, and I'll bet it will be--within a day or two most likely.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Will not run now CTD before loading flight after last update. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg