Sign in to follow this  
757FO

Issue with P3D/G2

Hi all,

I must be doing something wrong but I am having a hard time getting P3D to work with my new G2. (Just to dismiss any issues with the Headset I can confirm that it is working properly as I tested it under FS2020 and everything works fine).

When I start VR in P3D (HMD Emulator), I can see VR (2 screens) on my monitor, the WMR program starts, but for some reason I cannot see P3D in the VR headset, I can only see the Mixed Reality Portal. I am not sure what to do, is there some sort of starter guide I could refer to? 

Thank you in advance!

John

32 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Same problem try in stéréo mode in VR seting ingame menu

Thanks Frederic, I did try Stereo but same issue, still stuck in  WVR 

John

P3D is not WMR compatible and the G2 is an WMR headset.  Therefore, you need to use SteamVR and WMR for SteamVR to see P3D in VR with the G2.  Once you get those two apps running you will have an option in P3D VR menu for SteamVR along with HMD Emulator.  You would select SteamVR.  Do a search in P3D forum for use of HP G2 for more deals.

Danny

3 hours ago, DannyR said:

P3D is not WMR compatible and the G2 is an WMR headset.  Therefore, you need to use SteamVR and WMR for SteamVR to see P3D in VR with the G2.  Once you get those two apps running you will have an option in P3D VR menu for SteamVR along with HMD Emulator.  You would select SteamVR.  Do a search in P3D forum for use of HP G2 for more deals.

Thank you Danny! Unfortunately I installed SteamVR and I am having the same problem 😞 

Reinstall the client i will tête that because someone on Facebook tell me my problem is due to envtex/enshade

Frédéric Giraud

On the steamvr settings developer tab push the button to set the openxr runtime to steamvr

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

1 hour ago, whitav8 said:

On the steamvr settings developer tab push the button to set the openxr runtime to steamvr

Thank you! I couldn't find it but will keep looking. I was finally able to get it to work, my issue was that I had pretty much everything maxed out and once I reduced a few settings, P3D loaded fine. Just tried the FSL A320 in VR it was incredible!

Now need to figure out how to reduce the sensitivity, looking around the cockpit is is very jerky when I pan around, otherwise getting great smoothness, overall very happy with my G2 🙂