Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Real World AI Liveries

Okay, so UT Live is costly.

So is Traffic Global

WOAI pitches exception error when I run the installer and it's old.

What I want to explore is downloading real world repaints for the FSX AI. Adding them onto the AI aircrafts cfg, and disabling the World Travel and Orbit etc. liveries. Can anyone give me briefing on that or point me to a thread about that? Thanks

Gary

On 3/15/2021 at 10:10 AM, Gary1124 said:

What I want to explore is downloading real world repaints for the FSX AI. Adding them onto the AI aircrafts cfg, and disabling the World Travel and Orbit etc. liveries. Can anyone give me briefing on that or point me to a thread about that? Thanks

Gary

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=28686.0 and https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=30325.0

As I mentioned in a previous message, manual installs are not easy.  AI Manager helps, but there is a ton of work placed on the user if used in FSX, like hours and hours.

If you're not prepared for that type of commitment do yourself a favor and put out the cash for something you can live with.

Good luck,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I just found what I was doing wrong with the WOAI installer. The exe must remain in the same folder it downloads in to work. Now I will be able to check by icao code what airlines use the airports I might fly into and I can selectively add what I need.

I am most concerned with eliminating the Orbit, Soar, and American Pacific from the ATC traffic. I don't look closely at AI aircraft in the airports. Too busy taxiing. 

In the FSX/Scenery/World/scenery folder rename the file trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.off, or other suffix of your choosing. 

No more default traffic, but that also eliminates GA traffic.  Unfortunately, you can't lose one without the other.  Well not without using something like AI Flight Planner to modify the trafficAircraft.bgl file.

Ernest Pergrem

I ended up buying UTL 2 from Flight1. And with the UTL Power Pack expansion (free) I can fill in what they left out like UPS and FedEx freighters and even military. Be nice to see F-18s if I fly into KORF being right next door to the air station.

Excellent. Glad you found something that fills your need.

Ernest Pergrem