Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Aerosoft CRJ / MSFS and AxisAndOhs issues

Hello @ll,

testers tell me that the new Aerosoft CRJ for MSFS does not play nice with external controller apps.

The thrust levers and the rudder of the CRJ must be configured directly in MSFS until further notice, they refuse to listen to either simulator variables or events.

Personally I will have to wait until the CRJ is available to run my own tests, but I thought it best to put this warning out there in advance.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Development Update:

AxisAndOhs 2.04 will be able to operate the thrust levers of the CRJ

The implementation is currently being tested.

LORBY-SI

Hello everyone,

I am trying to control the display brightness of the CRJ displays (L:ASCRJ_LSP_DSPL between 0 and 26) with a MIDI slider as an input axis. The 2.04 release notes state:

• Change: The position value of an axis can be assigned to scripts (required to operate the thrust levers in the Aerosoft CRJ)

I tried to bind my script to "Select simulator event" in the axis assignment dialog and use the scripts input var to set the LVar: i.e. (L:CRJ-TestScript) (>L:ASCRJ_LSP_DSPL,·Number).

The LVar is correctly set to 0 when testing the script but the script does not seem to receive the axis value as an input when moving the axis.

So, how do i correctly assign the axis value to a script? Help much appreciated.

2 hours ago, aka4723 said:

So, how do i correctly assign the axis value to a script? Help much appreciated.

Did you adjust "Axis Min" and "Axis Max" to the expected values? (0-26)

Be advised - if you send an incorrect value to those knobs, they will usually get stuck and you may have to restart the sim.

LORBY-SI

Ok, so I investigated a bit further and it looks like as of now (2.04 b43) it's just not possible to bind a MIDI axis to a script. As soon as "Select simulator event" is selected the "Change Axis Assignment" window won't accept any MIDI input for "Move Joystick axis". When selected before changing to "Select simulator event" the axis shows as functional in the main window after saving but the script is never executed when moving the axis.

18 minutes ago, aka4723 said:

Ok, so I investigated a bit further and it looks like as of now (2.04 b43) it's just not possible to bind a MIDI axis to a script. As soon as "Select simulator event" is selected the "Change Axis Assignment" window won't accept any MIDI input for "Move Joystick axis". When selected before changing to "Select simulator event" the axis shows as functional in the main window after saving but the script is never executed when moving the axis.

OK, that sounds like a bug. I will look into it.

Can you please send me an email with your proof of purchase? The address is on the last page of the manual. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Yup, just sent it. 🙂

Edit: The linked address is not the printed address. But I hope you'll receive it either way.

Edited by aka4723

30 minutes ago, aka4723 said:

The linked address is not the printed address.

And yet the address in the manual is the correct one. The other address is supposed to be private.

LORBY-SI

Good morning,

Not my intention to tattle on anyone but I need to know if AAO is supposed to be playing nicely with a CJ4 throttle axis as of r2.05? If so, someone needs a timeout! I'm still not able to bind an axis to any TQ6 throttle lever. The spoiler axis however seems to be getting along fine with all of the other TQ6 levers. Thanks in advance for any info!

Regards...g 

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

1 hour ago, BigG433 said:

Good morning,

Not my intention to tattle on anyone but I need to know if AAO is supposed to be playing nicely with a CJ4 throttle axis as of r2.05? If so, someone needs a timeout! I'm still not able to bind an axis to any TQ6 throttle lever. The spoiler axis however seems to be getting along fine with all of the other TQ6 levers. Thanks in advance for any info!

Regards...g 

With the CRJ and other native MSFS aircraft the required events to bind to your TQ levers are these:

THROTTLE_AXIS_SET_EX1

THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1

THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1

THROTTLE3_AXIS_SET_EX1

THROTTLE4_AXIS_SET_EX1

These events are not documented in the SDK, but they exist and they work with AAO too. In version 2.05 these events have been included in the default lists in AAO, so no need to use RPN scripts for them.

On top of that it has always been possible to operate the CRJ thrust levers by changing the values of the associated LVars via RPN scripts.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the prompt response... throttles are throttling!

One other question. How do I remove a "Key Up Event" if one is added but needs to be removed? It seems it can't be deleted once added, only changed. I've been deleting the button assignment and adding it back with only the "Key Down Event". I've read through the manual for a solution and filtered the simulator events for a "None" event but didn't find one. Not a big deal, just thought I would ask. 

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

It does indeed. Thank you!