Hi Guys, what is the best head set for MSFS, is the experience worth the money?

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

3 hours ago, Scimiter said:

HP Reverb G2. Yes its totaly worth it. You need a powerfull pc to run VR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Scimiter said:

I agree with Cyrex1984. Your PC is capable of a smooth experience, I have the same config.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Seriously thinking of getting one of these.  However I don't have a 10850 or a 3090.

How would a 9070/2080 combo cut it?

1 hour ago, lzamm said:

Seriously thinking of getting one of these.  However I don't have a 10850 or a 3090.

It's not that the G2 *requires* high end hardware necessarily.

If you set the render scale properly, you will get the same resolution (and performance) you would have with a Rift S or a Quest 2, but higher pixel density and therefore no screen door effect. 

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Well since i am a big Valve Index fan, i can suggest you the Valve Index 😄 compared to the other HMD's the FOV is much bigger, best controllers and best tracking. It uses a 1440×1600 LCD panel for each eye for a combined resolution of 2880×1600 with a very big sweet spot.

If you can, best would be to try the different HMD's before you buy one.

Edited by Nedo68
typo

7 hours ago, lzamm said:

Before I got my new rig (10900KF ,64 GB, & 3090) I had a 4820 ,16 GB, and 1080ti paired with my G2.  As said above, you knock a bunch of settings back and it performed fine.  I had issues running the old PC in large urban areas with lots of detail / big airports before I had the G2.  The G2 didn't change that, but had to back down some of the graphic settings which I easily traded for the immersion.  You won't regret it.

Rift S or Quest 2

Much better software, craftsmanship and customer support than WMR

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2