Sign in to follow this  
danielet2509

FSX continuous crash

Yes, is 2021 and I´m trying to use FSX SE, I have the PMDG MD-11 and I wanted to fly it again. 

Now, my sim is constantly crashing, I start a flight, start up the MD-11 and then, out of the blue, CTD (Crash to desktopp). I have tried everything and nothing is working. 

My PC specs: 

• Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6500 CPU@3.20GHz 3.20GHz
  • 16 GB RAM 
  • GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

And the crash says: 

fsx.exe
      559f9a9a
      MSCTF.dll
      55ad4358
      c000041d
      0006c75b
      2f48
      01d719d180cf8957
      D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSCTF.dll

e07c964d-e763-43d1-b033-cfe08f2e0654

Faulting application start time: 0x01d719d180cf8957 Faulting application path: 😧 \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ FSX \ fsx.exe Faulting module path: 😄 \ WINDOWS \ System32 \ MSCTF.dll Report ID: e07c964d-e763-43d1-b033-cfe08f2e0654 Full name of the buggy package: Relative application identifier of the faulting package:

And that's pretty much every time. also the crash report was translated from spanish, sorry if its a bit weird 🙂

Edited by charliearon
make it easier to read!

This is just an idea on where to start.
MSCTF.dll is a windows OS file dealing with Text Services.. Look for something dealing with plain text files.
My idea?
If the MD-11 is PMDG or an advanced aircraft with a FMS & uses database files (usually a plain text type) then maybe try setting your windows "Region and Language" settings.
Control Panel | Region and Language | Formats tab | Additional Settings button --> Customize Format | Numbers tab | --> have Decimal symbol set to "." period & List separator set to "," comma. Reboot computer & try the flight again..

Again, just an idea. If that doesn't work you can always revert back to your previous Windows regional settings. 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

On 3/16/2021 at 8:00 AM, spokes2112 said:

MSCTF.dll is a windows OS file dealing with Text Services.. Look for something dealing with plain text files.
My idea?
If the MD-11 is PMDG or an advanced aircraft with a FMS & uses database files (usually a plain text type) then maybe try setting your windows "Region and Language" settings.
Control Panel | Region and Language | Formats tab | Additional Settings button --> Customize Format | Numbers tab | --> have Decimal symbol set to "." period & List separator set to "," comma. Reboot computer & try the flight again..

Again, just an idea. If that doesn't work you can always revert back to your previous Windows regional settings. 

Hi,

I will try it, but just to let you know it crashes with any aircraft. Sometimes it says the faulting module is that, sometimes it says is g3d.dll  and even sometimes it says is the ai_player.dll.

Thank you for the help, i will update any changes. 

On 3/16/2021 at 8:00 AM, spokes2112 said:

My idea?

So, I tried it, and now Im getting these crash resports: 

PROCESS_NAME:  fsx.exe

EXECUTE_ADDRESS: 7381cc0

FAILED_INSTRUCTION_ADDRESS: 
+0
07381cc0 10e7            adc     bh,ah

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - La instrucci n en 0x%p hace referencia a la memoria en 0x%p. La memoria no se pudo %s.

EXCEPTION_CODE_STR:  c0000005

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  00000008

SYMBOL_NAME:  g3d!Ordinal27+388c

MODULE_NAME: g3d

IMAGE_NAME:  g3d.dll

STACK_COMMAND:  ~0s ; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  SOFTWARE_NX_FAULT_c0000005_g3d.dll!Ordinal27

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x86

OSNAME:  Windows 10

IMAGE_VERSION:  10.0.62615.0

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {b2ac265b-09a2-eb06-29e0-7eb59029a554}

And also this one: 

ROCESS_NAME:  fsx.exe

READ_ADDRESS:  fffffffa 

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - La instrucci n en 0x%p hace referencia a la memoria en 0x%p. La memoria no se pudo %s.

EXCEPTION_CODE_STR:  c0000005

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  00000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  fffffffa

SYMBOL_NAME:  uiautomationcore!EventMap::AddEntry+2e

MODULE_NAME: uiautomationcore

IMAGE_NAME:  uiautomationcore.dll

STACK_COMMAND:  ~0s ; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_uiautomationcore.dll!EventMap::AddEntry

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x86

OSNAME:  Windows 10

IMAGE_VERSION:  6.0.5840.16386

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {8c57347c-1c3b-5f11-5813-66a7914d7403}

Followup:     MachineOwner

Again, if anyone knows how to help me, I would be very thankful. And FYI this crash reports are from exactly the same time. Literally the same crash, 2 modules failed.