Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

RCV4 Error message question

Please see screen cap of the error at the link below.  I have not seen this before over my many years of

RCV4 usage.  I've seen it twice in past three days and afterwards RCV4 stops responding.  Has anyone else 

experienced this who can explain what it means or how to avoid the problem ?  I use RCV4 via WideFS

with FSX and Win 7-64.  It happened while flying the QW B788.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/734wrox8wiyj2ld/RCV4 Error.jpg?dl=0

Thank you, Ken B.

Ken Boardman

@Elsmoko, similar problem with another user and that aircraft...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/544348-fix-for-radar-contact-and-qw-787-fsuipc-error/?tab=comments#comment-3918255

Just an edit of FSUIPC.ini required.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the fast reply.  I am using FSX with FSUIPC 4 and that line doesn't appear in my FSUIPC.ini.

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman

Hi Ken,

Give it a try and see if it works. Strange the problem is only associated with that aircraft.

I’ll do a bit more digging.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ken, 4.976 is the last version of FSUIPC for FSX. Assuming you’re running that version I can’t offer any more help. Maybe ask Pete Dowson over at his place.

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks again Ray.  I have only had this issue when flying the QW B788.

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman

Hi Ken. Clearly there's a conflict so it's probably best to avoid using that aircraft with RC4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Everyone,

I experienced the exact same issue a few weeks back,not just in the QW787 but also PMDG and Aerosoft aircraft,i fixed it by doing a completed uninstall of RC4 and FSUIPC,

this fixed the problem and i have not experienced it since,it was something to do with RC4 moving ahead of FSUIPC and it cant catch up.

Thanks

Gary Jones.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Enormous blank space removed