Sign in to follow this  
neilhewitt

What's the point?

Is it just me being very lucky or because of the settings? I have been using V5 for months with all kinds of heavy addons together (total more than 500GB of them), never had a single error due to the sim. CTD few but due to the addon and can be fixed immediately after that.

I don't have a rocket system so I just put everything at medium to high only, works perfect.

May the force be with me, I guess

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

48 minutes ago, Hoang said:

Is it just me being very lucky or because of the settings? I don't have a rocket system so I just put everything at medium to high only, works perfect.

Thing is that even if you have a rock solid CTD free install, drivers get updated, mods get updated, windows get updated. MSFS is a good example of that, you have no choice in the matter to update. V4.5 was rock solid with all sorts of addons, then I goto to v5 with A2A 182 and active sky and it becomes 50/50. I mean MSFS and P3D v5 have become permanent white knuckle ride everytime I fly. I'm at a point where I don't want to do external views or request weather or ATC ect... in the fear that I'll have a CTD. I like flying but not like that.

I kinda agree, what's the point of buying more addons for v5 when it's like this for lots of users.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

7 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Thing is that even if you have a rock solid CTD free install, drivers get updated, mods get updated, windows get updated. MSFS is a good example of that, you have no choice in the matter to update. V4.5 was rock solid with all sorts of addons, then I goto to v5 with A2A 182 and active sky and it becomes 50/50. I mean MSFS and P3D v5 have become permanent white knuckle ride everytime I fly. I'm at a point where I don't want to do external views or request weather or ATC ect... in the fear that I'll have a CTD. I like flying but not like that.

I kinda agree, what's the point of buying more addons for v5 when it's like this for lots of users.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Simulator since early days was already miss and hit. Same addons, same installations on different computers can result in different performance and / or stability.

If many users have same, common problem(s) while others never have one, if we have a database to collect the information from everybody, I believed we can find out the root cause, I don't know if LM does it or not though.

P3D has been very stable with me and I'm only using intel CPUs and nvidia GPUs for many many years, I guess there is something to do with the hardware also.

Edited by Hoang

Hoang Le

P3D v5

4 hours ago, Hoang said:

Is it just me being very lucky or because of the settings? I have been using V5 for months with all kinds of heavy addons together (total more than 500GB of them), never had a single error due to the sim. CTD few but due to the addon and can be fixed immediately after that.

I don't have a rocket system so I just put everything at medium to high only, works perfect.

May the force be with me, I guess

you also dont have a TI card which is a danger zone for a lot of people

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You don’t say what aircraft or resolution you were running. A change of monitor doesn’t require a change of drivers. Just install the monitor inf file so you can select appropriate resolutions and refresh rates.

I had the problem with the Carenado PC12 so a lightweight aircraft like that was never going to be the problem. It’s that setting which is important. I’ll post my driver version tomorrow.

fslabs. ive changed the drivers back to 457.30 which is what ive been using since last novemember with no issues.  I should of just kept them on instead of removing them and replaceing with newer drivers

14ppkc-6.png

55 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Yeah I can see that but thank god because of bitcoin, we don't need to get new graphic card, because we can't!

Anyway, in P3D it shows I have 6.7GB available, with PMDG or FSLABs at some major airports I get max to around 4GB only, so still plenty of room.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

fslabs. ive changed the drivers back to 457.30 which is what ive been using since last novemember with no issues.  I should of just kept them on instead of removing them and replaceing with newer drivers

Running 461.72 here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

Why is a TI card a danger zone? 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

12 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Why is a TI card a danger zone? 

i believe 1080tis 2080tis and 3080tis where more prone to getting them.  they did in p3d v4.  this was when rob used to give us those graphs about the power consumption on the card.

how when going from windowed to fullscreen and it causing a DXGI isnt a coding error, ill never know.  

but it works to shift the blame from one person to another LM-NDVIVA- DX12  and vice versa...

the "community" has been doing it for years shifting the blame from one thing to another,  the old fabled GSX reading bad BGL data and causing CTDs is testomony to that  Umberto blamed the bad data in the BGLS, LM said "our software works fine on a vanilla copy"

fast forward 2 years later it was a group of us here that fixed the issue, namly Eric and another guy.  No help whatsoever from LM.  

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

i believe 1080tis 2080tis and 3080tis where more prone to getting them.  they did in p3d v4

I never had that error in P3Dv4 and I've been using it for over 2 years on an almost daily basis.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I never had that error in P3Dv4 and I've been using it for over 2 years on an almost daily basis.

you dont remember robs posts then.  he put it down the overclocking the cards with too much power

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

you dont remember robs posts then.  he put it down the overclocking the cards with too much power

Vaugely. But mine was professionally built and maybe that's the difference. I don't think my 1080Ti is overclocked, just the CPU.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Vaugely. But mine was professionally built and maybe that's the difference. I don't think my 1080Ti is overclocked, just the CPU.

you can overclock a 1080TI in afterburner

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

you can overclock a 1080TI in afterburner

What? And cause these issues? No thanks.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

my cure for all initial p3dv5 CTD issues was to removed the overclocks. the performance is so good that you don't need it. 

• Like 4

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU