Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

One step forward two steps back

Well all i can say is i'm glad i've not comitted to this sim yet.

It seems for every update we go more to an alpha build than the previous update. 

Before the last update all seemed ok. Got my new pc built and all running smoothly checked msfs and all seemed fine. I did the latest update afew days ago but did not have time to use it but it launched fine and went to the main screen.

But today went to run it and i got the please insert the game disc message. Which is a bit difficult as i have the digital version bought from the microsoft store! After a bit of hunting around the internet, it seems that this is quite a common message  but the solutions are word not aloud . I eventually decided to delete the 1.4gb files  and redownload the sim which i was not happy about, but that looked like the only option left which i did and seems to have worked for now, except when i start msfs now i get a message saying that there is an error  microsoft cannot verify my details just now but it then boots into the game.

If i look at the settings it says i'm online and that im connected to one of the servers. 

So i'm not sure whats going on 

I never stay logged onto a microsoft account for day to day usage of my pc prefering a local account, and have only ever logged on to the microsoft store when required to update msfs, but this looks like a ploy to be logged on to the microsoft store all the time as that message did not appear when i was logged in .

Anyone else had this situation in the last 24hours? I don't like the way this is heading. Either they are creating more and more bugs or microsoft want more access to your pc by forcing you onto using a microsoft account 

Edited by mazelda

Pete Little

Thats the process of creating a sim and we all are involved as a form of Beta testers 😇

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

this was always going to be the case with an always online sim,.dont play it if you dont like it, simple.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As far as I know the Azure servers had a problem, lots of players got the "insert disc" message today. Re-installing the sim seems to be a bit over the top.

3 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Thats the process of creating a sim and we all are involved as a form of Beta testers 😇

cheers 😉

I definitely did not pay £110 to be a beta tester!

MIck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

MIck

But this was obvious when the took the release date from End of 2020 to August 2020. No one could really believe, this project would be finished half a year before it was originally planned...so, whoever bought in August 2020 did that under known circumstances.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

8 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

MIck

To bad - but now you are 🤭

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

We are beta testers what ever we buy nowdays. Even if you buy for example a new car model you will be a beta tester for a few years and some recalls.

It's just the way of our world now.

Edited by MrStarhouse

17 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Re-installing the sim seems to be a bit over the top.

Reinstalling the sim or worse reinstalling Windows do not make any sense in 99.99% of the time. 

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Thats the process of creating a sim and we all are involved as a form of Beta testers 

Nope.

Been in flight simulation (and gaming) for a very long time and I've never seen such a mess.  No apparent coordination between the design (Asobo), production, Bing, Azure and the communication teams. A frantic patching with no quality control which makes no sense.  No listening to the user base dressed up in a fake transparency  and ludicrous voting process.

This is a great product with an enormous potential. The project just lacks a key component. A boss. An overarching and tough driving project manager. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

But this was obvious when the took the release date from End of 2020 to August 2020. No one could really believe, this project would be finished half a year before it was originally planned...so, whoever bought in August 2020 did that under known circumstances.

To those in the know, maybe.

To the rest of us it was advertised and sold as fully finished. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Pre-Alpha

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

51 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

I didn't know that...

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I agree with OP! But, only if we say that the freeware community has made the sim better (a step forward) and ASOBO has made it worse by taking two steps back. This sim has gotten worse than the initial release.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

10 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I agree with OP! But, only if we say that the freeware community has made the sim better (a step forward) and ASOBO has made it worse by taking two steps back. This sim has gotten worse than the initial release.

Surely with a real size home cockpit I knew that it wouldn’t work completely at release, but till the US update I was able to fly around in MSFS with Prosim. 
The moment I installed the US update the CTD’s started with every flight up till today...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Reinstalling the sim or worse reinstalling Windows do not make any sense in 99.99% of the time. 

Reinstalling windows if you have a problem with your sim, is like having a car with an out of balance tire, and replacing the transmission to fix it. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310