Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

8 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

Well i have a Debbie Downer. Using the Thrustmaster pack. Stick is fine. TCA Throttle is no go. Tried my Virpil throttle. Other aircraft see it and the sim does too but the CRJ doesn't want to play. Removed the FBW A320 for good measure, no dice. Bummer.

Did you calibrate it in the EFB? It has to be calibrated there to work.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

5 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Did you calibrate it in the EFB? It has to be calibrated there to work.

Do all throttles have to be calibrated. My Thrustmaster 16000m and HOTAS appear to be fine? But I will calibrate if need be? Also with the 700ER, I myself got a Bonus an Alaska Skywest livery. I fly in Alaska all the time, bush planes, CJ-4, and now the CRJ-500ER/700ER. The 500ER does NOT have an Alaska livery.

Man, do I have a lot to learn, but I am really having fun. The EFB is awesome, and mainly cause of the aircraft states, it's the main reason I bought it really, but now I am finding all kinds of useful info in the EFB.

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Yep tried all configs. In the raw data its all dashes, no numbers.

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

1 minute ago, in2tech said:

Do all throttles have to be calibrated. My Thrustmaster 16000m and HOTAS appear to be fine? But I will calibrate if need be? Also with the 700ER, I myself got a Bonus an Alaska Skywest livery. I fly in Alaska all the time, bush planes, CJ-4, and now the CRJ-500ER/700ER. The 500ER does NOT have an Alaska livery.

Calibrating let's you set the detents for max, TO, clb, idle and max reverse, as well as the dead zones for idle. Let's you setup a nice detent experience, so I'd say it's worth doing, it only takes 20 seconds. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cwburnett said:

Calibrating let's you set the detents for max, TO, clb, idle and max reverse, as well as the dead zones for idle. Let's you setup a nice detent experience, so I'd say it's worth doing, it only takes 20 seconds. 👍

Cool, is it fairly simple to setup? Sounds very interesting and maybe another reason for me, to like this aircraft. Any other tips or secrets? Well not really secrets, but I am bad about not reading entire manuals 🙂 I'll give the calibration a try.

3 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Cool, is it fairly simple to setup? Sounds very interesting and maybe another reason for me, to like this aircraft. Any other tips or secrets? Well not really secrets, but I am bad about not reading entire manuals 🙂 I'll give the calibration a try.

Yea you just put the throttle(s) where you want each of the detents and click the button on the EFB to save that spot for the detents. It's pretty intuitive.

No other real tricks, but if you turn on coupled vnav be aware that one of the bugs is that it won't stop you at your preselect altitude, so you need to disable vnav if you want an intermediate level off. It's a bug we fought for a bit on the CJ4 also.

Its a pretty complete PL4 implementation and obviously the cockpit is pretty stunning.

The AP suffers from some default AP shortcomings on approaches, but those will get ironed out I'm sure, in the meantime, hand fly inside the FAF 😉

For those that use Navigraph, there is now an installer available which will install into the correct folder for the CRJ:

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/release-notes-supported-msfs-addons/4567

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

16 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Yea you just put the throttle(s) where you want each of the detents and click the button on the EFB to save that spot for the detents. It's pretty intuitive.

No other real tricks, but if you turn on coupled vnav be aware that one of the bugs is that it won't stop you at your preselect altitude, so you need to disable vnav if you want an intermediate level off. It's a bug we fought for a bit on the CJ4 also.

Its a pretty complete PL4 implementation and obviously the cockpit is pretty stunning.

The AP suffers from some default AP shortcomings on approaches, but those will get ironed out I'm sure, in the meantime, hand fly inside the FAF 😉

Not sure what some of those in Bold are, and not worried about the approach stuff, they will fix it. Just having FUN! For sure gonna do the throttle thingy 🙂 I do know some of the basics though. Enough to get me off the ground and flying a Magenta Line, although it is White 🙂

I was a bit worried it might not run on my around Medium/Low system, but it is smooth as butter. Well I mean if I am at a Large airport there is a little hit for me, but I am all good, and flying the CRJ skies. When and will anyone get the other two versions? I'm not even sure what they are?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

Well did four segments today...overall satisfied. Definitely some bugs here and there, but nothing that couldn't be aviated through.

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

Well i have a Debbie Downer. Using the Thrustmaster pack. Stick is fine. TCA Throttle is no go. Tried my Virpil throttle. Other aircraft see it and the sim does too but the CRJ doesn't want to play. Removed the FBW A320 for good measure, no dice. Bummer.

I also had problems with my TCA Throttle. Was not recognized by the plane. Not even when trying to calibrate as the instructions say. After some research, found post on Aerosoft forum.  If using the FBW A320, your TCA Throttle may be configured in the MSFS option controls as "Axis Throttle 1 (0-100%) and "Axis Throttle 2 (0-100%).  If this is the case, the CRJ may not see it.  Create a new profile for the TCA Throttle and bind the AXIS to "Axis Throttle 1" and "Axis Throttle 2"  (the option without the (0-100%).  

Once I did that, I was able to move the throttles in the CRJ and calibrate it.  Works great now. 

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Ok maybe this is better viewing. 

Mike

4 minutes ago, rickjake said:

I also had problems with my TCA Throttle. Was not recognized by the plane. Not even when trying to calibrate as the instructions say. After some research, found post on Aerosoft forum.  If using the FBW A320, your TCA Throttle may be configured in the MSFS option controls as "Axis Throttle 1 (0-100%) and "Axis Throttle 2 (0-100%).  If this is the case, the CRJ may not see it.  Create a new profile for the TCA Throttle and bind the AXIS to "Axis Throttle 1" and "Axis Throttle 2"  (the option without the (0-100%).  

Once I did that, I was able to move the throttles in the CRJ and calibrate it.  Works great now. 

Ok ill check that out. As i have not altered the throttle in anyway, as all aircraft see it. But will report back. Thanks

Mike