Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

6 hours ago, karlz said:

I keep trying still no,luck. I have flown the palm springs RNAV hundreds of times, and Long Beach ILS IRL.  and I can’t get either an RNAV or a ILS to,work.

Same with LAS 26R ILS,  and KCMA RNAV. any runway.

The times its not trying to just lose altitude for no reason....

I want to like this plane, I really do....but I hope they come out with some patch for this thing... or its the last Aerosoft plane I will buy.  I like their sim, Aerofly2 its awesome in VR, even though you are alone in the world.

Karlz, Aerofly and Aerosoft are two completely different organizations.

Aerofly FS2 certainly has great performance and is decent, if boring, VR sim. Aerosoft have never made a flightsim, though they did look at bidding on the FSX rights. I remember the opinion here being that it was good that these ended up with Dovetail, given the difficulty Aerosoft were having sorting out a mid-spec A320 around that time!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Based on what I saw and read, I was not convinced that Dovetail were doing a lot with it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 3/18/2021 at 3:26 AM, Drumcode said:

@mrfilbert Thank you for the great tutorial video. I never used CRJ in FSX or P3D, but now I have a good starting point. She's quite needy with everything that is happening around take off descent/final. 

She certainly is needy! 😄 You'll get there though. I'm getting there, slowly...

• Like 2

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Aerosoft/ASOBO fixed the issue for folks who are getting CTDs with the CRJ.

The fix/workaround is Set your OPTIONS-GENERAL-TRAFFIC-Traffic Variety = Ultra.

However, i did not have the CTD issue, just that its dark and even the EFB cannot be turned on. But its a bit of a crapshoot. when I keep trying like 4 or 5 times, sometimes it works....most times it doesn't. There is no answer to that as yet.

Hmmm..

and me being compulsive obsessive....I cannot fly anything else and enjoy the sim.. I keep messing with the CRJ. When it flies its pretty good. I figured out the throttle and maintaining altitude.. but still unable to fly the ILS.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Finally purchased it, installed and hand flew a quick pattern around EDDF.

Fist thing I noticed was that none of my views work. I have key commands set up for my wing views and cockpit views that work in all of the default aircraft. Almost none of them work with the CRJ. Anyone know what is happening and how to rectify it?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

3 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Fist thing I noticed was that none of my views work. I have key commands set up for my wing views and cockpit views that work in all of the default aircraft. Almost none of them work with the CRJ. Anyone know what is happening and how to rectify it?

Are you sure you didn't set them up individually for each of the default aircraft? I had to do that, and I had to do it again for the CRJ 700, and AGAIN for the 550. I think you might have just set them all up so long ago that you've forgotten!

• Like 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

23 minutes ago, mrfilbert said:

Are you sure you didn't set them up individually for each of the default aircraft? I had to do that, and I had to do it again for the CRJ 700, and AGAIN for the 550. I think you might have just set them all up so long ago that you've forgotten!

No. I set them up for the A320 and most of them transfer over to other aircraft. For example, I just loaded the DR400 - the wingviews work (R&L), but the behind wing (R&L) don't work and the FO view doesn't work, because neither of those views exist in the DR400. I selected the DR400 as an example, because I have never flown that aircraft. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

People need to read up on this plane, the manuals, and watch some Youtubers . Today was a great flight - ESMS to LOWW, captured the LOC and flew the ILS on the numbers. One of the best flights I've ever had on this plane. I would caution people flying this plane, because there are so many clickable areas and when you are panning with the mouse it is possible to click off buttons and levers and before you know it something isn't going right. This happened today a couple of times. I accidently shut off the NAV and didn't notice until the plane was leaving the leg. I was dreading and thinking was this the dreaded issue which was occuring with the P3D version? Until I realized my panning and clicking in the cockpit shut it off. This also occurred with the AP though that was easier to tell because of the aural sound.

Another oddity, when I noticed I hadn't put on the FD on the co-pilot's side in-flight, doing so disengaged the AP.

The FMS on this plane is great, the EFB, the overhead panel etc. It is complex in that it requires your attention to the details of setting it up and flying. Whenever I have to spend sometime setting  the plane up for the flight I know it's a plane worthy of flying.

Insofar as the LOC and APPR just make sure on the left panel where you switch the source (for example FMS) that when you are on your  final that it is set to LOC all green along with the APPR button.

Edited by Lenny777
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

16 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

... I would caution people flying this plane, because there are so many clickable areas and when you are panning with the mouse it is possible to click off buttons and levers and before you know it something isn't going right.....

LOL. The fear that sets in when panning and zooming within the cockpit and then hearing (click-click-click)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

7 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Karlz, Aerofly and Aerosoft are two completely different organizations.

Aerofly FS2 certainly has great performance and is decent, if boring, VR sim. Aerosoft have never made a flightsim, though they did look at bidding on the FSX rights. I remember the opinion here being that it was good that these ended up with Dovetail, given the difficulty Aerosoft were having sorting out a mid-spec A320 around that time!

I thought they had something to do with each other.  The Aerofly 2 Ipacs sim is really fun in VR, super clear compared to MSFS.  But the flat graphics are not the same, but downtown LA is modeled really good for helicopters.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Twenty6 said:

I pretty much remember it being that way for the CRJ X, but not for the CRJ Pro. Lateral guidance was OK but glidescope was worthless. Too many times Aerosoft told me my computer was broken, but somehow, magically, it fixed itself when I began beta testing a newer version of the CRJ Pro (the version including the 550 and 1000.) So I'm really surprised at the mentions of problems dating back to the earlier versions. Leads me to believe it's being ported over from P3D code no matter what they are telling everyone.

Porting code is fine if its not broken!!

5 hours ago, duckbilled said:

I use this. Works great. https://flightsim.to/file/10348/aerosoft-crj-700-custom-camera-set

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

is there a way to have the flight plan inserted automatically into the gps like default planes do?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

10 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

is there a way to have the flight plan inserted automatically into the gps like default planes do?

Not totally automatic since it can't talk to the MSFS flight planner.  You can create a plan in simbrief and either download the CRJ format manually or with the simbrief importer and put it in the correct folder and the FMS can see and load it if you type it in the company route line instead of entering a FROM/TO.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Got a dumb question about the overhead panel.  The DC Service switch.  What is that for?  Tutorial doc says "we'll leave it off for this flight" or something like that.  None of the other documents even really talk about it other than mentioning that it's there.  Soooo, what does it do and why would we turn it on or off?

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro