Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

Funny to see how people seem to love this aircraft. I flew the tutorial flight tonight, step by step, even AS own setup doesn't work, can't hold ALT, can't follow VS, plane just flying anywhere. OK, 50 bucks for a few click spots and cockpit lighting. I write this off like a few virtual drinks. 

Here's something even funnier... I've flown numerous flights on VATSIM and have not missed an ALT HOLD, a V/S command and the plane goes where ever I command it.  I've also noticed many people are having several issues similar to yours.  Seems they go to the support forums, read the FAQs, post for help and Aerosoft and other folks have been helping these folks get there problems resolved. (AMAZING) 😊

• Upvote 2

WAT1460.png

52 minutes ago, bumpywindshear said:

i could have live with buying 1 cycle for 10 bugs maybe, but now it require a subscription if i understand it right ?  Cowshieeet !

If you buy one cycle you can update the navdata in simbrief, msfs, and the CRJ also stuff like sim toolkit pro if desired. You won’t have ongoing access to charts, but you’ll get everything on the same data cycle from the same provider. I used to do this in FSX with the pmdg, FSX itself, and pfpx back when that was the new thing to get. Then I’d get charts where I could find and just deal with differences.  No it’s not perfect but this also isn’t real world either 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

1 minute ago, vcarlo said:

Here's something even funnier... I've flown numerous flights on VATSIM and have not missed an ALT HOLD, a V/S command and the plane goes where ever I command it.  I've also noticed many people are having several issues similar to yours.  Seems they go to the support forums, read the FAQs, post for help and Aerosoft and other folks have been helping these folks get there problems resolved. (AMAZING) 😊

No issues here either in a few flights. The only somewhat issue was last night from ksba to kphx and I routed down over the VOR on Catalina as per real world route and it’s a 90 degree left turn east there so it was hunting a bit for the new leg. I just went heading for a minute until it fully intercepted and was fine after that. I’m sure being at cruise altitude and speed probably played into that though. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, flyinion said:

No issues here either in a few flights. The only somewhat issue was last night from ksba to kphx and I routed down over the VOR on Catalina as per real world route and it’s a 90 degree left turn east there so it was hunting a bit for the new leg. I just went heading for a minute until it fully intercepted and was fine after that. I’m sure being at cruise altitude and speed probably played into that though. 

Do you sync your HDG switch after EVERY turn as instructed by RW CRJ pilots ?

WAT1460.png

Anyone know how to fly an RNAV approach in the CRJ? Are they supported? Can’t figure out how to get it to fly down the glide path or engage approach mode…

1 hour ago, vcarlo said:

I was having that issue too, but what would syncing your HDG switch have to do with this? We’re on NAV mode…

12 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Anyone know how to fly an RNAV approach in the CRJ? Are they supported? Can’t figure out how to get it to fly down the glide path or engage approach mode…

It won’t fly an RNAV approach in APPR mode. 

secondly, the CRJs I fly don’t have VNAV so you have to use NAV mode as well as V/S mode for altitude. 

also, for an RNAV approach, you have to be in white needles the entire time. 

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

35 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

It won’t fly an RNAV approach in APPR mode. 

secondly, the CRJs I fly don’t have VNAV so you have to use NAV mode as well as V/S mode for altitude. 

also, for an RNAV approach, you have to be in white needles the entire time. 

That’s what I figured, but most other airliners fly RNAV approaches under APP mode the same way they’d fly an ILS approach. So there is no way to fly an RNAV approach with the autopilot other than by controlling the descent using V/S? Can these approaches still be flown with precision down to the charted minimums?

Edited by FlyingInACessna

2 hours ago, flyinion said:

If you buy one cycle you can update the navdata in simbrief, msfs, and the CRJ also stuff like sim toolkit pro if desired. You won’t have ongoing access to charts, but you’ll get everything on the same data cycle from the same provider. I used to do this in FSX with the pmdg, FSX itself, and pfpx back when that was the new thing to get. Then I’d get charts where I could find and just deal with differences.  No it’s not perfect but this also isn’t real world either 

i dint found the 1 cycle product on their site, only subscriptions:

"Pricing

To use the FMS Data Manager you need a Navigraph Subscription. The subscription is available both with monthly and annual billing, and also provides access to our Charts."

...or is that just a bad description, so you can stil order a single cycle using the manual installer, which is still usable 2 years later and also inside simbrief app then, cause it is also registered like the subscription product ?

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

2 hours ago, vcarlo said:

I try to. In this case it wouldn’t matter. It made the turn a bit early actually. Then kept bobbing left and right working its way to the right to finish intercepting so I just pointed it to an intercept. 

11 minutes ago, bumpywindshear said:

..or is that just a bad description, so you can stil order a single cycle using the manual installer, which is still usable 2 years later and also inside simbrief app then, cause it is also registered like the subscription product ?

I think that’s it you have to use the manual installer. I’m assuming simbrief would work with it but I might be wrong on that. 

26 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

That’s what I figured, but most other airliners fly RNAV approaches under APP mode the same way they’d fly an ILS approach. So there is no way to fly an RNAV approach with the autopilot other than by controlling the descent using V/S? Can these approaches still be flown with precision down to the charted minimums?

Hi FlyingACessna,

AFAIK, Approach mode is only for capturing the ILS localizer and glideslope.  I've always flown RNAV approaches with LNAV and VNAV activated.

Mike

Edited by Mike777
  • Like 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

38 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

It does not have auto throttle! You really need to fly which is fun and challenging!

48 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

If they don’t have a VNAV mode on the MCP, then no, you can’t fly an rnav approach hands off like in a Boeing or Airbus. 

if they do have a VNAV mode on the MCP then I think you can have the autopilot fly you down but I’m not sure because my airline doesn’t have that option installed on its airplanes. I have never seen or heard of a crj that has VNAV. I’m sure there are some out there though.

we have to manually change the altitude and use v/s mode.

when it comes to minimums, I can only speak for the operations i am familiar with but we can’t fly these down to LPV minimums, only LNAV minimums. LNAV mins are still charged minimums, just not as low as LPV mins.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

51 minutes ago, flyinion said:

I think that’s it you have to use the manual installer. I’m assuming simbrief would work with it but I might be wrong on that. 

I've found that the Navigraph installer doesn't find the plane if you bought it from the Marketplace. It dumps the data into the community folder and you have to manually cut and paste it into the plane.