Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

Link to Jahn's P3D v5 compatible DC-3

I have heard people say that Jahn's DC-3 works in P3D v5 but it won't for me. I've been using the PBR version and I'm pretty sure it's current but not positive. Could someone who has the DC-3 installed on their 5.1 system post the link to the version they are using?

Make sure that you either have the P3D v5 version of the A2A windshield.dll file or that you delete it from the panel folder.

Just tried that and no, I get a CTD when I load the DC-3. 😞

EDIT: I deleted the windshield.dll

Edited by Fatback

I extracted the c-47 zipfile into my addons directory (P3Dv5 Addons) outside of P3Dv5, than used Lorby's Addonmanager to install the C-47 in P3D. As instructed I deleted the windshield.dll file from the panel folder and up I go in a fantastic looking and flying C-47!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fatback said:

I couldn't get the Sim Outhouse version to work in P3D v5. 

You just need the correct version from SimOuthouse and the correct winshield.dll file.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jcorstjens said:

I extracted the c-47 zipfile into my addons directory (P3Dv5 Addons) outside of P3Dv5, than used Lorby's Addonmanager to install the C-47 in P3D. As instructed I deleted the windshield.dll file from the panel folder and up I go in a fantastic looking and flying C-47!

That does the trick. Now I have 2 versions... 🙂

I have both versions running and am having issues with the PBR version. The colors seem too "metallic", if that's the right word, or just odd. I can go with the older non-pbr version but I'm curious. Is this because my monitor doesn't support PBR or is it my settings? 

PBR Version

2029e3f9a42989d6dae4389575cc527a.jpg

Non-PBR Version

1a5413967f5fd13811843980cc3fe941.jpg

2 hours ago, Fatback said:

I have both versions running and am having issues with the PBR version. The colors seem too "metallic", if that's the right word, or just odd. I can go with the older non-pbr version but I'm curious. Is this because my monitor doesn't support PBR or is it my settings?

The monitor or settings do not have anything to do with PBR, more it's a method of rendering to provide more realistic looking texturing.

Sometimes it will look really good, other times maybe not so much, depends on developer I suppose.

In anycase you've a choice and can go with either PBR or the non PBR based edition based on your preference.

I read Enviroshade includes options for improving the PBR look, maybe give it a try.

PBR / No PBR, it's a great plane :biggrin: plus the cockpit crew /  stewardess banter is quite funny as is the first officer's song of the c47 lament, heheh.

Here are a few PBRs varying between fairly subtle to full on.

E29166BCCB3CCF205C95E45BEDB6979DD2D0EDE3

B3574BEF65A942CC5F9A06109E956FF2F6913115

D7CB24F470FCAAD2381FFF28EB61A71DE778A2A3

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D