Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

CRJ 550/700 list of current bugs

11 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

4. Unable to load a flightplan in FMS ( I followed the manual to the letter. doesn't work at all) . I just found that the location folder in the documentation is the wrong folder.

This works, I don't think is a bug. I have been loading the flightplan from SB for most of my flights.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

More bugs: 

1. Even after moving the throttles out of the cut off position with my mouse, they will not respond to my throttle quadrant. After some time the throttles will respond, mostly after engaging the engine start. 

2. The engine starter buttons dont always light up. I can see the engins parameters increase and result in a good engine start, but no light on the start button. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I really haven't had problems with the jet. Despite the problems in the sim at the moment, I'm really impressed with what Aerosoft produced this time 'round. Still reading the manuals. Still lots to learn. My guess is that 90% of the problems people will complain about here would be resolved if they took the time to do the same...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I missed the overspeed red bar. Should drop to indicate flap speed limits. Was present in P3D.
LNAV is still messy from time to time (tried multiple times to create a direct and it kept inserting some imaginary waypoint before the point I wanted to go to, and drawing a line on the MFD to that point, while flying direct to the requested point, resulting in the plane being off track on the MFD and CDI on the PFD).
Speed transitions from IAS to Mach are still at wrong altitude. It kept switching between IAS and Mach mode at random as well and not respecting the Mach number I set manually.
Advisory VNAV seemed absolutely confused and useless (carried over from previous CRJ addons from AS)
Service ceiling listed as 43000ft? Should be 41000ft.

Overall, flashbacks to years of LNAV issues on previous CRJ releases by Aerosoft. 

Edited by Prpn
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

For a game titled, "Flight Simulator", to still have this, as an outstanding issue, is completely unacceptable...!

In the strict sense, the title "Flight Simulator" is spot on. Whether it is also a good "Aircraft Simulator" would be the question...

... as MSFS delivers the sense of flying (= simulates flying) leaps and bounds beyond any other existing simulator...

3 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Someone should provide Mr. Kok with the FBW Team contact details

They dont need their contacts, if they already can go and read their source code...

Edited by mrueedi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Autopilot not keeping correct speed in CLB mode (seems mostly in Mach numbers)
LNAV undershooting and/or overshooting turns (was seen a lot in previous AS CRJ releases)
APPR mode tried to fly me into the ground. Says that GS is captured but just progressively goes further below it. Also a problem that I encountered a lot in the P3D version.
Advisory VNAV window on MFD is garbage. Says 1 minute to go to TOD at 25nm out. That's quite a ground speed then. Same issue seen in P3D version.
Advisory VNAV window on MFD got stuck saying 0 minutes to TOD with a distance of 22nm to go to TOD. This was some 15nm after the 1 minute/25nm to go. Same issue seen in P3D version.
Advisory VNAV window on MFD doesn't show rate of descent required to next altitude restriction. Seems also carried over from P3D version.
Still can't delete altitude restrictions in the FMS. Seems also carried over from P3D version.

4 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Someone should provide Mr. Kok with the FBW Team contact details 🙂

I don‘t know how many times the FBW A320 went crazy when I flew a STAR or tried to capture an ILS...

• Like 1

Hey gang.  In my first flight the A/P refused to engage.  Any ideas what may cause the A/P to not want to turn on?

Thanks

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

8 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Hey gang.  In my first flight the A/P refused to engage.  Any ideas what may cause the A/P to not want to turn on?

Thanks

Check your Nav source is set to FMC

10 minutes ago, diajohn said:

Check your Nav source is set to FMC

Thanks.  I also realized my trims and Yaw Damper were not engaged and this causes the A/P to not turn on.  Thanks again for the input.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

17 minutes ago, Farlis said:

That'll teach you to always do the checklists. 😉

LOLOL.........not only that, but to look at messages in the display........they're there for a reason - LOL

• Upvote 2

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

1 hour ago, Belgarath said:

I don‘t know how many times the FBW A320 went crazy when I flew a STAR or tried to capture an ILS...

How much You paid it?

• Like 1

Rolf Niemi

Reading many of these issues, I am more than convinced that majority of these issues are human error 😄

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Item #7 is a MSFS bug.  I have had this occur with other planes before.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)