Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

FlyTampa - Tampa Rebooted fps hit

Hi mates,

I've purchased recently FlyTampa KTPA Rebooted, installed it and applied the update for P3Dv4.

Compared to other bigger FlyTampa sceneries I own, in this case the fps hit is quite noticeable, with comparable settings. Especially when the main terminal is in sight (see screen below).

I wonder if it is just me or if this 'old' scenery have not been optimised to the fullest for P3Dv4.

If someone have encountered this issue and has some tips, I would appreciate.

PS: I have disabled the 3D people animation that has a high impact on framerate, while the other settings have low or moderate impact.

Please don't tell me to go to the FlyTampa forum. I've searched already in the KPTA sub-forum and there was no result for fps hit. Also, whilst FlyTampa makes excellent sceneries, sometimes they answer support request, sometimes they don't.

lOLNA.jpg

2x9rK.jpg

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

2 minutes ago, Simicro said:

PS: I have disabled the 3D people animation that have a high impact on framerate, while the other settings have low or moderate impact.

lOLNA.jpg

Turn off some of the 'Animated Traffic' and/or 'Animated Road Traffic' at the every least.
I've always found FT's moving objects to be the hardest performance hitters. You may even have to turn off animated terminal trains, apron vehicles and details, plus 3D grass.

The newer FT sceneries work well for me, including heavy-hitting Toronto and detailed Las Vegas.
As you pointed out, with KTPA being an older scenery it probably means it really isn't optimised for P3Dv4.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Many thanks for coming in this thread, and for your suggestions. I'll try. 

The newer FT sceneries such as Copenhagen or Vienna V2 work fine for me.

- TONY -

For me it's the opposite. It's the older FlyTampa sceneries with good performance. Las Vegas is a VRAM hog for me.

• Like 1

So I de-activated all options and sadly I still have a fps hit/stutters on ground during taxi. I regret this purchase from FT.

In FT Hong Kong Kai Tak which includes the city, and with 90% of the FT scenery options to ON, I have a fluid display.

Go figure...

Anyway, thanks both for coming in my thread.

Wvmdq.jpg

aGwZZ.jpg

- TONY -

I’ve been reinstalling all my FlyTampa airports today into P3Dv5. Whilst all the more recent airports were able to run at 30fps Dubai did struggle as this is an old  32-bit airport. Until it’s redone it probably needs several of the big hitter options turning off.

A few years ago I was running a 32-bit version of Heathrow by SimWings. FPS wasn’t brilliant. I upgraded to the 64-bit version and saw a significant increase in performance. 32-bit is fine for small airports but not for the big ones.

@Simicro, you don’t list your hardware or resolution. I’m running in 4K.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I will not buy anymore airports until they are for V5 updated, and if they don`t bother someone else in time will fill the void, in fact I am saving money now thanks to MSFS and I'm buying hardware instead another MS SSD soon. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Had this issue in V4 but not anymore in V5 even with FT KTPA combined with ORBX TE FL. I'm not sure if they optimized it for V5 or if it's just a function of V5 having better performance in general. 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

13 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

I will not buy anymore airports until they are for V5 updated

Airports don’t need to be designed specifically for v5. Provided they’re 64-bit (like SimWings Heathrow) they perform fine in v5 and better than in v4. DX12 sees to that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Airports don’t need to be designed specifically for v5. Provided they’re 64-bit (like SimWings Heathrow) they perform fine in v5 and better than in v4. DX12 sees to that.

Yes but I am not buying a 5 year old made compatible airport scenery. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Simicro, you don’t list your hardware or resolution. I’m running in 4K.

Hi Ray,

My hardware: i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

- TONY -

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

Hi Ray,

My hardware: i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

HI Tony, whilst your GPU is fine your CPU is quite old and probably the reason why it struggles with some sceneries.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Agree with you. I bought my PC in november 2013 and have upgraded it over time (GPU, RAM, SSD), except the CPU indeed. I confess that I got a good return on investment since today I still have an overall fluid experience with most sceneries (FT, FB,...) , PMDG planes, P3D settings 80% to the right. I have also a satisfying experience with DCS. My plan is to stay on P3D 1 or 2 years more with the current PC. And when I move to MSFS I will buy a new rig.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

@Simicro, you could boost performance in P3D by switching to v5. I'm really pleased with how well it's running compared to v4.5. I copied all my scenery over and set it up manually either by Lorby's Addon Organizer or editing scenery.cfg. Time consuming but easy. I've also got the Vertx DA62 running which was nice. I will have to buy the PMDG737 again but I got two years out of the NGX.

Now you could argue that spending $50 is best left for a hardware upgrade but $50 won't buy you much. But v5 is the same for me as a significant CPU upgrade. It really is that much better. Just watch your GPU settings as I can easily hit 10Gb VRAM but it hasn't crashed yet and I've been hammering it for 4 days.

The DXGI error is a pain but a graphics setting seems to have fixed that and the other "don't do" is switching vehicles in the sim as it causes the DXGI crash. I've reported that to L-M.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just watch your GPU settings as I can easily hit 10Gb VRAM but it hasn't crashed yet and I've been hammering it for 4 days.

Just wait! 😁