Sign in to follow this  
rnczyzcontrol

AviaWorx can't find AS CRJ - Can't use with FS2020 CRJ

Hello.

I was ecstatic to learn that AviaWorx already supports the Aerosoft CRJ in FS2020.

However, it doesn't seem to work for me. I installed the updated server version, 13.0.

In the compatibility section:

Aerosoft CRJ Professional: Product doesn't exist

And yes, I have it installed. I have finished a flight with it. Any idea how to make sure AviaWorx finds and connects with the Aerosoft CRJ?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, rnczyzcontrol said:

Hello.

I was ecstatic to learn that AviaWorx already supports the Aerosoft CRJ in FS2020.

However, it doesn't seem to work for me. I installed the updated server version, 13.0.

In the compatibility section:

Aerosoft CRJ Professional: Product doesn't exist

And yes, I have it installed. I have finished a flight with it. Any idea how to make sure AviaWorx finds and connects with the Aerosoft CRJ?

Thanks!

This is correct. The compatibility check doesn't show the CRJ but this doesn't mean it won't work.

Make sure you run the 2020 variant of aviaServer.

You can check if it works by right clicking the tray icon - at the top it should indicate that it is connected to the CRJ in green. If that isn't the case, please send me your logfile.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

A small update has just been pushed out that should display the compatibility.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Is the license of the P3D CRJ version working for MSFS or do I need to buy a new one?

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

10 minutes ago, julian2 said:

Is the license of the P3D CRJ version working for MSFS or do I need to buy a new one?

Hi Julian,

As described on the website, you will need to purchase new licenses for MSFS 2020.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Ah ok thanks. Will buy it immediately 😉

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

So I am an I-D-I-O-T, but I hope this helps someone else in the future:

I was running AviaWorx using the same old shortcut I created some time ago.

In order to use AviaWorx with the CRJ, there is a NEW EXECUTABLE called aviaServer_FS2020.exe.

I was still running the old executable through my shortcut, which is why it wouldn't work.

Edited by rnczyzcontrol

3 hours ago, rnczyzcontrol said:

So I am an I-D-I-O-T, but I hope this helps someone else in the future:

I was running AviaWorx using the same old shortcut I created some time ago.

In order to use AviaWorx with the CRJ, there is a NEW EXECUTABLE called aviaServer_FS2020.exe.

I was still running the old executable through my shortcut, which is why it wouldn't work.

Yes, I can imagine some users will run into this issue. Thanks for posting your experience.

I am currently looking into unifying the concept into a single executable...

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Hi Marc, i just bought the aviaServer FS2020 for the Aerosoft CRJ. Liscence Key activation works fine, but it can't find my CRJ installation.

In the 'Addon Compatibilty Check Result' i find the following:

No Aerosoft CRJ for FS2020 installation found: D:\MFS 2020\Community\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_550\panel\ASCRJ_550.wasm

The reason is, i bought the Aerosoft CRJ via the MFS Marketplace and therefore the installation goes to the MFS Offical OneStore directory instead.

My path as follows: D:\MFS 2020\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700\panel\ASCRJ_700.wasm

So, how to tell the aviaServer the new path?

Thanks in advance for quick replay

1 minute ago, mucflyer said:

Hi Marc, i just bought the aviaServer FS2020 for the Aerosoft CRJ. Liscence Key activation works fine, but it can't find my CRJ installation.

In the 'Addon Compatibilty Check Result' i find the following:

No Aerosoft CRJ for FS2020 installation found: D:\MFS 2020\Community\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_550\panel\ASCRJ_550.wasm

The reason is, i bought the Aerosoft CRJ via the MFS Marketplace and therefore the installation goes to the MFS Offical OneStore directory instead.

My path as follows: D:\MFS 2020\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700\panel\ASCRJ_700.wasm

So, how to tell the aviaServer the new path?

Thanks in advance for quick replay

Hi,

don't worry about it. The compatibility check is information only - it doesn't stop the CRJ from loading.

It's good to know that there are other variants of the wasm as well - I'll add this.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Just now, rob0203 said:

Great Job again Mark!

Is the EFB also coming?

Thanks Rob!

Hans and I are reviewing this currently. The 'sandbox' concept of FS2020 has limitations that affect this type of interaction but we hope that we'll find a solution...

But no promises as of now.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png