Sign in to follow this  

For weeks I have been looking for this monitor to buy but without any luck. Maybe one of you can help:

4k curved

32 or 34 inch (prefer 34)

3840 x 2160

100-200hz

HDR

Gsync

I would appreciate any help.

Bernd

What you're looking for doesn't exist as far as I know.

If you're prepared to drop some of those features there's options. Generally if you want a 34inch then you're looking at a 1440p ultrawide (of which there's loads of 34inch curved ones) or an ultrawide that sits in between 1440p and 4k like the Aw3821dw which is 3840 x 1600 curved but that's 37inch.

If you must have 4k but with no curve then you're probably looking at a 32inch like the ACER PREDATOR 4K XB321HK 32" 3840X2160 IPS G-SYNC (no HDR though) or maybe a 43inch like the Asus ROG Swift Pg43uq. 

Edited by Tektolnes

Thanks so much, maybe I stay with a flat screen. I have a 28 inch 4k right now but without hdr or gsync.

@bjablonka8120, why the need for 100-200Hz and HDR if it’s purely for flight sim?

Unlike fast moving games that benefit from high refresh rates flight sim benefits from monitors that can run at 30Hz. Not all of them can.

HDR isn’t essential for simming either. My BenQ PD3200U supports 30Hz and is a quality IPS 4K monitor.

If I can run P3Dv5 at 4K with a 1080Ti at maintain 30fps you’ll have no problems with a 2080Ti. That’s assuming you’re using P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Don't think he said it was purely for flight sim? Though that being said getting nearly any 4k game to run at 100+ FPS is going to be problematic. 

Thanks for your response. I am using mainly sims so I guess I do not neeed hdr or gsync? Maybe I just get a curved monitor with high resolutions. Best

11 hours ago, bjablonka8120 said:

I am using mainly sims so I guess I do not neeed hdr or gsync

Don't think HDR is an absolute must have. I have it on my monitor but prefer to leave it off generally.

I'd never consider getting a monitor without gsync. But then I play a variety of sims and  other types of games so it's very useful for me overall. Some people like to just flight sim at 30FPS so don't need gsync and others (like me) prefer to have a higher framerate than that and use gsync - it's a personal choice you'll have to make for yourself.