Sign in to follow this  
gronden

Gray layer in VC over 20000 feet

Hi,

hope someone can help me with a strange issue I'm facing since some days using P3D v5 and PMDG 737ngxu.

When I reach more or less the 20000 feet the external view in the VC become gray and darker (like a  sort of additional half-transparent haze layer) while all the other views are absolutely fine.

More I increase the altitude and more the gray coloring increases.

This happens using or not using EA, using or not using ActiveSky, with and without HDR: in few words in all possible conditions impacting the 'atmosphere'.

Still stranger is that if I save the scenario In that situation and then I reload it (also without exiting P3D) , everything is back to normal.

Some idea about what could cause this?

Thanks in advance and KR

Joe

Hi,

I have discovered that is someone related the VC glass: activating the wipers, the area cleaned by the wipers becomes normal and the area outside the wiper cleaning area stays gray.

Never happened before, Ideas to solve that?

Thanks and KR

Joe

HI,

finally I solved the issue.... my stupid mistake (and great PMDG detail): I was forgetting to activate the probe heats!!!!! The gray was the glass icing. ..