Sign in to follow this  
jon b

VSKYLABS Pond Racer

If you use X plane and own a VR headset I can only recommend you stop what you’re doing and go and get a copy of the VSKYLABS Pond racer.

I fly almost exclusively in VR nowadays and I have to say flying  this aircraft is the most exhilarating VR flight simulator experience I’ve ever had.

Sublime flight modelling and handling and a VR experience like nothing else, 300kts skimming through valleys with two massive PT6 prop disks sticking out in front of your nose.

After a miserable year this will put a smile back on your face

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

35 minutes ago, jon b said:

Sublime flight modelling and handling and a VR experience like nothing else, 300kts skimming through valleys with two massive PT6 prop disks sticking out in front of your nose.

I can not speak about the product, as I have not seen it, however the real life Pond Racer did not have PT-6 engines. It had two Nissan V6 engines from the 300ZX mated to gear box's driving the wide chord props.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Seemed to be a very ambitious  and overpowered aircraft. The only example crashed and took the pilot with it. Engines were custom built Nissan V6. The PT-6 re imagination would only increase the ridiculous power. Does it have increased top speed compared to the original?

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Yes, that’s right the original pond racer was a one off with piston engines.This Vskylabs rendition is a further exploration of the design concept. Their website states that it is not a work of science fiction that they have created  but a plausible variant that extends the pond racer into a high performance sport aircraft with full IFR capability.

It’s part of the Vskylabs test pilot series, so if you’re into exact replicas of existing or historic aircraft it may not be for you. However if like me you enjoy testing and exploring flight modelling and looking at what ifs ,as real test pilots do then you’ll like this.

Or if you just want an hour of sheer fun in a simulator model that flies and feels like you’re in a real high performance aircraft then this fits the bill.

Honestly , in VR low level at high speed it’s exhilarating to fly.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

vskylabs is shaping up to be the best xp developer right now.

hopefully others will follow their lead.

AutoATC Developer