Sign in to follow this  
pleader

Install screen froze: GNS 430 (resolved)

Just purchased GNS 430 for xp-11 (and intend to purchase the 530 too).  Installation was working (download of the Garmin sim), until the GNS 430 installment screen opened, asked me to wait while the program installed, and then froze without action.  Waited about 20 minutes and nothing happening.  Then tried reinstall from the install software that downloaded after the purchase.  It would not recognize my order, although I have an account with F1 where the order appears.  Have no idea what to try next.  Tell me how and I'll send a screen shot of the installment screen that froze if that could help.

Edited by RXP

12 hours ago, pleader said:

Just purchased GNS 430 for xp-11 (and intend to purchase the 530 too).  Installation was working (download of the Garmin sim), until the GNS 430 installment screen opened, asked me to wait while the program installed, and then froze without action.  Waited about 20 minutes and nothing happening.  Then tried reinstall from the install software that downloaded after the purchase.  It would not recognize my order, although I have an account with F1 where the order appears.  Have no idea what to try next.  Tell me how and I'll send a screen shot of the installment screen that froze if that could help.

Sometimes a dialog box awaiting an input from you hides behind another window.  To find it you may need to look at your windows taskbar or use Alt+Tab to sequence through open windows.  No way for me to know if that happened to you, but it has happened to me before and led me to the scenario you described.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

unfortunately, the install wrapper will no longer let me do a reinstall, as it doesn't recognize my purchase, nor my F1 credentials, so I am unable to get back to that install screen to see if the alt+tab work around will solve this inigma.  My only option appears to be to purchase the program a second time!

Edited by RXP

Install worked once I guessed at and launched the *.exe file installed in the RXP directory where the key and other files were lodged by the install program. 

The “reinstall” procedure was not going to work.  Going to the directory where the 430W was downloaded and launching the install  *.exe, the install  worked perfectly.  Oddly, when I later purchased and downloaded the 530W package, it installed without a hitch from within the F1 install wrapper as designed.  I have no idea why there was an install freeze during the first download.  

Edited by RXP

2 hours ago, pleader said:

I have no idea why there was an install freeze during the first download.  

Most likely the GNS trainer installer froze for an unknown reason on your system, which prevented the RXP software installer from progressing any further. Once you've manually installed the GNS trainer, the 530 installer skips this part and proceeds normally.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)