Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Release of Aerosoft CRJ good sign?

15 minutes ago, Chock said:

then you clearly haven't read any of my reviews on Avsim back from the day, covering things such as the 737, 727, 707, A300 etc.

I LOL when I read that you must be a casual simmer. @Prpn clearly doesn't spend a lot of time at AVSIM. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I LOL when I read that you must be a casual simmer. @Prpn clearly doesn't spend a lot of time at AVSIM. 😀

Actually like most people on Avsim, I'm neither one nor the other, I'm both serious and casual depending on the mood, and in any case I think we have to accept that much of the success of MSFS (i.e. the investment in it down the line) pretty much hinges on whether less serious people stay with it when it comes out on the XBox.

But Christ, you'd be a really boring person if all you ever did was be super-serious when you cranked up your toy plane simulator, wouldn't you? So unlike many, I welcome the influx of these people and hope there are plenty of products to tempt them, because there's more chance of me getting my super-realistic DC-3 for MSFS if that happens.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 10

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

24 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The WT and FBW A320 mods that use Javascript seem pretty efficient to me.  Switching languages is not ideal but my point stands, some of the features can be done with Javascript.  You said the capability wasn't there which isn't true, if the developer is willing to use the tools necessary to get access to those features (ie. using Javascript if needed).

FBW custom autopilot, custom flybywire, custom ATHR and the custom engine model are all in WASM. I think one reason is that Andreas of FBW was using Matlab Simulink to create the models for all these systems and it can be easily exported in C++. I think also the portability is easier since they want to use the same systems for the A380 (if you login to their discord, you can try their custom autopilot)

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

17 minutes ago, Chock said:

Actually like most people on Avsim, I'm neither one nor the other, I'm both serious and casual depending on the mood, and in any case I think we have to accept that much of the success of MSFS (i.e. the investment in it down the line) pretty much hinges on whether less serious people stay with it when it comes out on the XBox.

But Christ, you'd be a really boring person if all you ever did was be super-serious when you cranked up your toy plane simulator, wouldn't you? So unlike many, I welcome the influx of these people and hope there are plenty of products to tempt them, because there's more chance of me getting my super-realistic DC-3 for MSFS if that happens.

Gotcha!

So no Iberia (Air Nostrum) yet for CRJ fo MSFS?

But... but... Iberia doesn't operate the 700.

Totally unrealistic.

Unsubscribed!

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

I have a simple question. What can I do with this AS CRJ, that I can't do with the CJ4 with all the available mods?

To be perfectly honest I feel like there are some people who would be absolutely blown away by the CJ4 if they paid 50 dollars for it, but are either avoiding it or ignoring it because it is free and based on a default aircraft. In my mind it does everything the CRJ does and way more. The autopilot functionality is similar though the CJ4 is slightly more advanced. Payware Devs are going to have to up their game if they want to compare favorably to the freeware offerings.

This release doesn’t feel like a step forward for the sim. The CJ4 already did it.

Edited by kiwikat
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

Payware Devs are going to have to up their game if they want to compare favorably to the freeware offerings.

I agree with you, but there are customers who just want the CRJ that they had in P3D or XP11. I had both versions and I'll eventually get this one too. It's just that right now MSFS updates have been affecting the sim negatively. Once they get these updates sorted, MSFS will be my preferred and only sim.

51 minutes ago, Farlis said:

But... but... Iberia doesn't operate the 700.

Totally unrealistic.

Unsubscribed!

Lol, I had a double unrealistic flight last night flying an Air Canada Express CRJ-550 which is neither the CRJ-200 or the CRJ-900 that they actually fly 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm not a tube flyer, but I enjoy reading this thread.  I'm still hesitant to buy add-on planes just because of the other "things" that still need to be addressed in the sim.  In my mind, why buy a decent add-on if the sim itself is going to make my experience a less enjoyable one.  One day perhaps, the pendulum will swing the other way and I'll not feel this way.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

4 hours ago, bendead said:

Yep, that's why the HUD is not collided on the CRJ, one of the dev told me that they tried to use P3D code and it did not work.

Well code is here and working on the Asobo 787

The HUD is not collimated... it's pasted onto the surface of the glass object... which is NOT correct.  So far, there is no viable HUD.

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

My only issue so far with this thing is that Not all items are easy to tie to external controllers 😞

I have plenty of issues with the FCP...  Even the standard Simconnect Heading command does not move the bug...  Trying to write the to the LVARS for them also does not change the value or worse it just sets ALT to like 50,000....  Some Buttons and events mapped just fine like in the OverHeard...  Can drive all of that with the LAVARS, Can Start up the plane just fine....

But the Avionics....  Well there seems to be some stuff that is not being "allowed" from external sources....

This is similar to how the WT CJ4 is not always the best friend of the "hardware controls" sim user...  Since they had to "brute Force" the AP (read about Jean-Luc's *RealityXP* many posts regarding these issues with the SDK....) it means that you cant use the standard auto pilot commands anymore 😞 --- They have to force the system into HDG/VS mode in the back ground and then do their own thing in the Avionics / MCP....  Which if you fly only in the Virtual Cockpit for most controls then I think they are probably great experiences....

Also the AVIA Soft CRJ CDU app works great 🙂 not as good as if I could map it to my hardware CDU but works better than mousing around in the sim....  Just need that word not allowed FCP to allow me to turn and spin the dials....

I do not want a PMDG 777 that works this way .... Sorry...  I want one that I can control everything like I did before... And if that means more is required from the "SDK" or access to core then I will accept what they say...

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

23 hours ago, tweekz said:

I've read posts from a few RL CRJ pilots who claim that it flies pretty well.

Ah ok so self rotating at the correct trim and a jerk when engaging AP all within the first seconds of taking off and using stock autopilot that can barely follow a route without zig zagging are all completely normal? There’s much more but I’m not going to list every fault.

Edited by benh320

When Proatc launch and GSX I may be interested . 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d