Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Release of Aerosoft CRJ good sign?

Threads about Aerosoft are always fun to read. Folks keep throwing money at their products, hoping they'll get better over time. They won't. I mean, Hartmann has been working on his CRJs for, what now?, the past 20 years. You would think that by now it would be at the "beyond study level" stage. But, no, it's still the same "premium mediocre" product it was years ago. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Hartmann has been working on his CRJs for, what now?, the past 20 years. You would think that by now it would be at the "beyond study level" stage. But, no, it's still the same "premium mediocre" product it was years ago. 

Still with the same bugs lol. I recall, Mr. K said if Hans leaves Aerosoft, RSR will hire him directly in PMDG. Maybe PMDG is aiming to be like Aerosoft since RSR and Mr.K are besties lol

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

. You would think that by now it would be at the "beyond study level" stage. But, no, it's still the same "premium mediocre" product it was years ago. 

That's all what they have claimed it to be in the first place, never once claimed it to be a "PMDG" level of simulation, what are people missing here? That's why it is 50 USD instead of 150.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, benh320 said:

Ah ok so self rotating at the correct trim and a jerk when engaging AP all within the first seconds of taking off and using stock autopilot that can barely follow a route without zig zagging are all completely normal? There’s much more but I’m not going to list every fault.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about

17 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about

Rude. If you require proof. All of the issues can be seen in this stream...

Edited by benh320

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Threads about Aerosoft are always fun to read. Folks keep throwing money at their products, hoping they'll get better over time. They won't. I mean, Hartmann has been working on his CRJs for, what now?, the past 20 years. You would think that by now it would be at the "beyond study level" stage. But, no, it's still the same "premium mediocre" product it was years ago. 

LOL!

Very true and even more sad...!!!

Chris Camp

34 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

That's all what they have claimed it to be in the first place, never once claimed it to be a "PMDG" level of simulation, what are people missing here? That's why it is 50 USD instead of 150.

You completely missed the point he was making!

Chris Camp

On 3/18/2021 at 9:20 AM, Chock said:

Actually like most people on Avsim, I'm neither one nor the other, I'm both serious and casual depending on the mood, and in any case I think we have to accept that much of the success of MSFS (i.e. the investment in it down the line) pretty much hinges on whether less serious people stay with it when it comes out on the XBox.

But Christ, you'd be a really boring person if all you ever did was be super-serious when you cranked up your toy plane simulator, wouldn't you? So unlike many, I welcome the influx of these people and hope there are plenty of products to tempt them, because there's more chance of me getting my super-realistic DC-3 for MSFS if that happens.

LOL you had me until you equated the influx of the causal Xbox young crowd with you getting a study level DC-3!

Chris Camp

you don't need the DC-3. The CRJ is already too much for most.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

22 minutes ago, benh320 said:

Rude. If you require proof. All of the issues can be seen in this stream...

There is issues and bugs in the plane, like there is in almost every add-on that's comes out for any sim. Like usual, some bugs will be fixed other won't, but that doesn't make the plane unrealistic or unflyable that doesn't make the sim trash either. you really seem to have some bias here

Edited by cyril972

16 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

You completely missed the point he was making!

And what point was that? Just another AS bashing from past users on ESP platforms they need to get over that and move on, maybe stick to Working Title CJ4

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

Do I think this has “opened the door” for the “study level” 3rd parties? No.

Was I dissatisfied with the release version at first BASED upon all the pre-release content creators gleaming about how next level it was  when the reality was different? Yes I was.

Do I enjoy flying it? Yes I do. It’s not study level but it’s not default Asobo trash either. Hand flys well, AP mostly works if not to 💯 degree it’s manageable at least. Provides a great deal of immersion with the fspassengers/fs2crew flight attendants etc. negligible fps impact too. 

As has been stated before, it hits that core Aerosoft market, not the FSL/Leonardo etc market and to judge it by those standards is unfair to it.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

6 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

a "PMDG" level of simulation

You mean being released with a missing fan blade animation and all that kind of stuff? 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

You mean being released with a missing fan blade animation and all that kind of stuff? 🤣

You know someone is going to try to make that case that this is merely a visualization and not indicative of turbine performance or operational state.  In fact, that sort of 'eye candy' is best left to MSFS 2020 since that is ALL any of you'se guys are interested in seeing in a "simulator". 

P^0& r0x l33t 0ut. As "All your base, are belong to us" plays in the background.

1 hour ago, badgenes said:

You know someone is going to try to make that case that this is merely a visualization and not indicative of turbine performance or operational state.  In fact, that sort of 'eye candy' is best left to MSFS 2020 since that is ALL any of you'se guys are interested in seeing in a "simulator". 

P^0& r0x l33t 0ut. As "All your base, are belong to us" plays in the background.

Visuals are overrated. A black box in blue sky over brown ground is good enough if all systems are properly simulated.

• Like 1