Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Green text message bar causes stutters

There are several types of DXGI_ERROR message. The most common is the out of VRAM report, which can indeed be managed by the careful adjustment of shadows and autogen density. That one seems not to be the same. Here is a list and likely causes.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/direct3ddxgi/dxgi-error

For the record, I am able to change at will between aircraft within a scenario, including several relatively complex addons.

I am able to create the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error at will, simply by setting the P3D shadows and/or autogen levels too high.

With a little effort, setting everything to the maximum, flying from KSEA towards Seattle and using the default Maule, I am able, in a completely default version of P3D v5, to achieve this:

1.jpg

GTX 1070 Ti.

17 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Ray.....I could report this "Hijacking the title thing" to the MODERATOR....... 😉  But in this particular case....this makes probably no sense 😂

I´ve reported this this morning at LM also. I could indeed reproduce the issue in V5.1 (with a RTX 3090 card)!

What´s the most hilarious part of this:

Click Yes - to get angry

Click No - to get upset

Click Cancel - to get frustrated anyway

Don´t click: To stay excited about what will happen next

Marcus

Hi Marcus. These moderators! 🤣 You just can’t get the staff these days. 😉

I readily accept there will be bugs to iron out. Just a little surprised such an obvious one was not found during development unless it’s very graphics card dependent. I am on the latest Nvidia drivers too.

DX12 brings great improvements to performance. Much like a faster CPU. There are bound to be bugs because of DX12 and all the different graphics cards and drivers. Probably very important to keep those up to date.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Reader said:

There are several types of DXGI_ERROR message. The most common is the out of VRAM report,

All the more important that VRAM is monitored during flight. I have the RTSS utility running so can check it easily. It’s not happened yet with my 11Gb card. 8Gb owners need to be wary. If you have <8Gb then v5 is probably best avoided just now.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Marcus. These moderators! 🤣 You just can’t get the staff these days. 😉

It's the pay, you know. These days people expect to get money for working, not work for free.🤣

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

It's the pay, you know. These days people expect to get money for working, not work for free.🤣

There are perks. I can post images without the need to host them. The downside is I can't 'ignore' anyone as we need to see all posts.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For the forum member, moderators cannot be ignored either.

22 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

updating to the latest TG and RL

Sorry for the off-topic, but how does one do that? I believe, on my system, those add-ons were installed with the AS Airbus Professional. Is there somewhere I can download these add-ons? Or maybe start at the beginning: Which versions are the latest?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

48 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Sorry for the off-topic, but how does one do that? I believe, on my system, those add-ons were installed with the AS Airbus Professional. Is there somewhere I can download these add-ons? Or maybe start at the beginning: Which versions are the latest?

Sorry, I obtained them through a private source when they were being updated and tested.  The updated files should be distributed along with the a/c files where the developer has included TG and/or RL.  If your vendor hasn't updated their download files, you should take that up with them.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Roger. Can you maybe confirm that, with 1.3.1.0, I have the latest publicly available version?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

27 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Roger. Can you maybe confirm that, with 1.3.1.0, I have the latest publicly available version?

i have

1.3.0.0 - trueglass and realight.  from Orbx Central.

hope that helps

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

On 3/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, mpo910 said:

I do understand what you are saying. But I will be a bit clearer now. Because Users (maybe not you) tend to expect things they have not rights on.

LM does NOT offer any free support for their products (read the EULA point 6). 

BUT they provided a Forum where users can post. They can post issues over there and this COULD be recognized by LM and maybe they will pick it up and fix it...

Marcus,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sure that I'm not the only person which didn't spot this when scanning (very) quickly through the EULA! It also puts the whole debacle surrounding the "BIG" website in a new perspective - although, so far, only 1 person seems to have redeemed that particular LM benefit.

I still have P3Dv5 installed, but in light of yesterday's PMDG announcement it looks like high-quality "study-level" add-ons might appear in somewhat MSFS faster than predicted - at which time I'll un-install.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

I still have P3Dv5 installed, but in light of yesterday's PMDG announcement it looks like high-quality "study-level" add-ons might appear in somewhat MSFS faster than predicted - at which time I'll un-install.

Yes I noticed that too. But I take this message with a grain of salt.

PMDG knows really good how to keep their community motivated and connected.  They NEVER have kept their promissed release dates of their products. In fact.....most of the time it took weeks or months longer as announced. 

But....that is all speculative. 

They had to.......because Aerosoft released their CRJ and the users are probably thinking why could Aerosoft release and why not PMDG. 

But LM must understand...that they need to get Truesky stunning. They should at least bring the Atmospheric visuals on par with MSFS. That would be a huge step forward. 

With PMDG like products in MSFS, when performing good, LM gets more  competition.

I assume this will not happen before Q2 2022

This "I will uninstall when....." messages I did already read during MSFS Alpha phase.....and what happened? Lots of those users who wrote that are still using P3D for obvious and various reasons. 

So I am still relaxed....and if MSFS gets really better than P3D......than I will also think about what would be better for me.....

But that's soooooo far away...

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Wow, this topic has gone completely sideways. Now it’s gone from P3D green text bar to MSFS2020. You have to love Avsim, LOL. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Wow, this topic has gone completely sideways. Now it’s gone from P3D green text bar to MSFS2020. You have to love Avsim, LOL. 

Nooooo....it's stay at P3D for long long time one and green bar message will surely get fixed......or...hopefully...

😉

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png