Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Getting hold of recent but expired VFR Maps ?

Does anyone know of a source for expired VFR maps to help with lowe-level GA flying in MSFS.

I can understand the need for actual pilots to always have the most recent ones, but for flying around oin MSFS having something that's a year or two out of date would seem fine and would help with the immersion and flight planning in MSFS.

for paper version try ebay, many pilots sell their outdated charts there

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Are you familiar with Skyvector and Little Nav Map?

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

These days it may actually be easier/cheaper to find the latest ones. You also didn’t say which countries.

Can't go wrong with FltPlan Go with no loggin on 10 inch tablet with tracking IFR/VFR+Charts.

B7F9oWm.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

14 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Can't go wrong with FltPlan Go with no loggin on 10 inch tablet with tracking IFR/VFR+Charts.

Until you draw on them with a grease pencil 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm amazed that some pilots manage to keep their used sectionals in sellable condition. I know I lack that discipline. 😶 You mean there's money to be made here? 🤑

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I mostly fly in the UK so Skyvector doesn't cover it (neither does FlightPlan Go IIRC)  and LNM is OK but not the official charts.

Plus there's something different about having a physical object in your hand while you try to work out where you are 😉

Edited by Matchstick

I think I may have a set of (multiple) VFR Sectionals for the entire continental US somewhere... I don't mind giving it to you free except the shipping cost butt the thought of rummaging over my attic to find it is not appealing to me. LOL :). I am pretty sure I have it somewhere... But not exactly sure where they are. 

Best bet would be look for them on ebay. I got a box full (25-30) of Jeppesen leather bound IFR Approach plates (Jeppesen)  for the US long time ago from ebay for cheap.. a wife of a pilot who died put it out for sale.

SkyVector made all of them redundant for simming.

To be honest just get the state or EU country that you are interested in flying the most and just get those charts. Don't be like me and hoard stuff. I have this nasty habit of collecting everything and then gather dust.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If you want paper charts, mypilotstore has expired sectionals for the U.S. for simulation use.

https://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/7089

Mike

On 3/18/2021 at 5:29 AM, Matchstick said:

Does anyone know of a source for expired VFR maps to help with lowe-level GA flying in MSFS.

For years I lived on hand-me-down just-expired charts from my active-pilot friends.  But most if not all of them now use iPads and GPS gauges.  I still have a set of USA Lo and Hi Enroute IFR charts, but they are from 2013, the year before I got my first iPad and started using Skyvector and FltPlan.com.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 3/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, FPStewy said:

If you create a free membership you can enter your flight plan(s) at the website and download them with your iPad (or Android tablet).  Once there you can drag the magenta line of your flight route to edit your route it if needed. I do that occasionally as I divert around weather.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Since you failed to state whether you are looking for Printed Charts or electronic charts, and what region of the world, or states if in the USA, it tough to answer your question.  I know answers for both, so I will check back in a couple of days and see if you have updated you question.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .