Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Envshade 1.1.6.3 released

13 hours ago, Afterburner said:

One more tip: If you use the default envshade settings (=1.0), you will notice that while the aircraft- and cockpit shadows are eliminated when the weather is foggy, the shadows are still slightly visible under overcast cloud conditions when the visibility is high. To get rid of the shadows in that case, you need to increase the slider "Cloud shadows". A value of 1.3 is the lowest value, at which shadows are no longer visible. Here is another gif that shows the cloud shadows under overcast skies at different values (I used 30mi visibility):

uUZtYXe.png

thank you

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Image removed

14ppkc-6.png

Here I use 1.4 since 5.1. With 5.0 I had to use 1.5. It dartend the cloud shadows so you won’t see the AC shadows anymore.

Thanks Afterburner for bringing it up 👍

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@GSalden

Hi,

can you post you envshade setting.

I know you are a very good tweaker.

Thanks

Frank form EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

I've used shaders for a bit in V4.5 (I think it was Tomato Shade), but I moved on quickly to V5. Is this worth getting, in particular when used in combination with EA?

If you use ORBX Base, I would say no, since I tried that and I have the same "lava" from page 2 here in this thread.

Hello Guys,

I always check here and there after an important update to get all the possible feedbacks, please don't hesitate to send us any constructive feedback on our forum as well, it's always welcome.
We are not always that fast to reply to feedbacks, or to make your dreams come true but we always do our best to listen everyone and please as much users as we can and hopefully some user here (who also participated in how our products currently are 😉 ) can confirm this.

First of all, thanks you all for the great comments about the new global lighting feature, really glad you guys enjoy it !

About the "floor is lava" at night, well I agree that we have not been able YET to make it as good as it should. There are several reason to this:

- HDR in P3Dv5 is still pretty buggy and many variables do not work as expected, we were used to use HDR to help with such things in v3 and v4 but we can't in v5 and this makes things much more complicated
- This is also due to how the terrain shader is now implemented in v5, colours are more vibrant and the emissive textures (like cities at night) are also much less bright (This is why it does not look that "red" by default, but it actually is, it's just not as bright)
- We are able to compensate this by different ways, but all of them have consequences on other things like snowy terrain (Orbx snowy terrain textures at night are not perfectly black, making them emissive textures as well and they may appear red) so we have to be very careful with these changes
- It also depends a lot on your monitor, this is why calibration is always an important factor, the best it to have the color temperature as close as possible from 6500k, but the gamma is also very important, that's why it may look different from one user to another, but that's true with any simulator, any game, any program, video or picture.

With that said, by reading the posts above about this, a new idea to compensate the lava floor at night iumped to my mind. The good news is that it seems to work pretty well so if it works properly after a few hours of testing today, this should be available as a hotfix very quickly 🙂

Happy flights !

Here is a before/after at Toronto for this possible hotfix:

2021-3-19-13-30-49-386.png

2021-3-19-13-30-39-566.png

Edited by kmax59
  • Like 9

Maxime
TOGA projects

16 hours ago, Afterburner said:

One more tip: If you use the default envshade settings (=1.0), you will notice that while the aircraft- and cockpit shadows are eliminated when the weather is foggy, the shadows are still slightly visible under overcast cloud conditions when the visibility is high. To get rid of the shadows in that case, you need to increase the slider "Cloud shadows". A value of 1.3 is the lowest value, at which shadows are no longer visible. Here is another gif that shows the cloud shadows under overcast skies at different values (I used 30mi visibility):

uUZtYXe.png

That's a good catch, I should be able to create a formula that allows this to be automatically compensated depending on the position of this slider in a future update

• Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

23 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Hello Guys,

I always check here and there after an important update to get all the possible feedbacks, please don't hesitate to send us any constructive feedback on our forum as well, it's always welcome.
We are not always that fast to reply to feedbacks, or to make your dreams come true but we always do our best to listen everyone and please as much users as we can and hopefully some user here (who also participated in how our products currently are 😉 ) can confirm this.

First of all, thanks you all for the great comments about the new global lighting feature, really glad you guys enjoy it !

About the "floor is lava" at night, well I agree that we have not been able YET to make it as good as it should. There are several reason to this:

- HDR in P3Dv5 is still pretty buggy and many variables do not work as expected, we were used to use HDR to help with such things in v3 and v4 but we can't in v5 and this makes things much more complicated
- This is also due to how the terrain shader is now implemented in v5, colours are more vibrant and the emissive textures (like cities at night) are also much less bright (This is why it does not look that "red" by default, but it actually is, it's just not as bright)
- We are able to compensate this by different ways, but all of them have consequences on other things like snowy terrain (Orbx snowy terrain textures at night are not perfectly black, making them emissive textures as well and they may appear red) so we have to be very careful with these changes
- It also depends a lot on your monitor, this is why calibration is always an important factor, the best it to have the color temperature as close as possible from 6500k, but the gamma is also very important, that's why it may look different from one user to another, but that's true with any simulator, any game, any program, video or picture.

With that said, by reading the posts above about this, a new idea to compensate the lava floor at night iumped to my mind. The good news is that it seems to work pretty well so if it works properly after a few hours of testing today, this should be available as a hotfix very quickly 🙂

Happy flights !

Here is a before/after at Toronto for this possible hotfix:

2021-3-19-13-30-49-386.png

2021-3-19-13-30-39-566.png

Thanks for your message. I'd appreciate it, if you'd put your hotfix (as soon as it's ready) on this very thread here, so we can try it and don't have to wait for an official update.

@kmax59 is there a way to turn down the general brightness of the highway you posted above? I agree it’s not “as orange” as previously, but still rather bright in my opinion.

Looking forward to the hotfix.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

quick question.  in the envshade settings I see there is a toggle on bottom for EA enabled.  Does that mean I can't just go back and forth in p3d between ea on and off without exiting p3d and going into envdir to toggle?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Good question. I believe the answer is no, you can't. There is one shaders directory for Prepar3D. Thus, if you want shaders to work with EA, you have to install those. If you want to switch back to no EA, then you need to install the appropriate shaders from Envshade. Please correct me should I be wrong. 

• Like 1

Hans

12 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Good question. I believe the answer is no, you can't. There is one shaders directory for Prepar3D. Thus, if you want shaders to work with EA, you have to install those. If you want to switch back to no EA, then you need to install the appropriate shaders from Envshade. Please correct me should I be wrong. 

That is correct.

But if you make a Key Combo for the Reload Shaders command inside of P3D you can switch between Shaders within a minute ...

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

thanks guys.  very helpful

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Btw. I didnt try it yet. 

Does this issue with single pass sync for VR is solved now (black screen)?

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

It might not be a solution for everyone, but one way to avoid 'lava roads' is to go to Orbx's scenery folders and move some files into a separate folder as described here.

That removes the 'reflected' light textures on the road, but leaves the individual 3D light sources.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter