Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Not Very Smooth

Hey guys! So I need some help. I am getting very decent FPS with my 3080 and i9-9900K, however, I feel like its not smooth. I will get around 45-50 FPS with airliners. I’ve tried to lock frames internally and via NVIDIA and nothing seems to work. Any idea?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

1 minute ago, Clem116 said:

Hey guys! So I need some help. I am getting very decent FPS with my 3080 and i9-9900K, however, I feel like its not smooth. I will get around 45-50 FPS with airliners. I’ve tried to lock frames internally and via NVIDIA and nothing seems to work. Any idea?

Get a G-sync monitor. 
Make sure you’re not CPU limited. 
Wait for Asobo to optimise MSFS. 
Get ready for folks to tell you to run it at 30hz. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Get a G-sync monitor. 

Get a G-sync monitor - ✔
Make sure you’re not CPU limited - Limited By Main Thread ;(
Wait for Asobo to optimise MSFS - Might be dead by then... 
Get ready for folks to tell you to run it at 30hz - Oh boy, here we go! 

• Like 3

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

Shouldn't DX12 (summer) help with smoothness? I hear some P3D users say this when they switched from v4.5 to v5.1

Edited by jbdbow1970

26 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Shouldn't DX12 (summer) help with smoothness? I hear some P3D users say this when they switched from v4.5 to v5.1

I think the jury is out on that one - I have heard both sides of whether this will be an improvement or not.   Based on the way things have been going with updates I for one am not counting on it...but hopefully I will be surprised.

34 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Get a G-sync monitor. 

Hello,

This is exactly what I was about to ask, I locked at 30 frames in nvidia inspector with vsync on (almost always getting those frames), inside MSFS settings, frames set to unlimited and no vsync with a standard 27" 1080p 60hz monitor but there are the occasional mirco stutters that I would like to get rid of. With a 144 or more Hz G-sync monitor, and with frames still locked at 30, would I benefit with that kind of gaming monitor? Please help with this because I'm seriously thinking in upgrading my monitor.

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

If you are limited by main thread  you can crank up graphics settings until you are limited by gpu. Might be worth a try.

Edited by crimplene
  • Upvote 1

The performance got mucked up over the last two updates. Asobo says they are working on it.

Some areas of the world seem smoother then others, NZ has been smoother for some of us.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

14 minutes ago, crimplene said:

If you are limited by main thread  you can crank up graphics settings until you are limited by gpu. Might be worth a try.

Tried that and it doesn't really work. 

It's really disappointing/sad to see that this single core issue is still here 10 years later. I wish they would have really taken more time to clean that FSX code. 

Edited by Clem116
  • Upvote 1

Mine runs as smooth as silk, locked to 30 FPS...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Mine runs as smooth as silk, locked to 30 FPS...

Internal or external? If I lock my FPS externally, should I turn on VSYNC in NVIDIA settings?

Also, what's everyone's setting for Low Latency Mode in NVIDIA settings?

Edited by Clem116

2 minutes ago, Clem116 said:

Internal or external?

Internal. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

17 minutes ago, Clem116 said:

Internal or external? If I lock my FPS externally, should I turn on VSYNC in NVIDIA settings?

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Internal. 

I Iock my monitor at 30hz (for every sim...DCS...MSFS...XP...TSW2...etc).

However, in MSFS, I have Vsync selected and fps set to 60...for some reason 30 introduces stutters, but 60 is very smooth.

All was well, until SU3.

• Like 1

I get about the same performance with my computer, I set V-sync to 30 in game and that will lock my fps to 50, half my monitor's refresh rate, the game run smooth for me, when I don't get capted by the latest famous bug.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |