Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

What do I miss the most in Aerosoft CRJ

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

Hopefully you were aware of these items not being implemented and did not buy the product if these are deal breakers.

I would say one should hold off if these items are a requirement. I myself don't call any of these flight simulator planes "study level".

Some have more realistic implementation of systems then others and that's about it.

Maybe the next tube liner released will meet your needs in this regard. I wouldn't hold out much hope though right now with the state of this game.

I was aware of some but not all of course.I was surprised no to see functional WX radar or visual ice! LOL "Studly level" is very generic terms and defined relative to the level of aircraft we have now. No matter how we look at it, CRJ at the moment the most complex 3rd party airliner up to date. So as of right now it's what it is "study level". That is until some other developer  will raise  bar again!

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On button bindings, I’ve never quite understood why the commands have to be any different for basic functions like beacon, nav lights etc?  Why have a customized command that doesn’t work with default-based hardware setups when at the end of a day it’s a simple switch that turns a light on and off?  For example on my Logitech switch panel the gear lever works but nothing else.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Petraeus said:

Yes, there are, and in many cases seem to have the same names as in the P3D version.

Interesting, I’m going to try loading my CRJ GFIT profile from P3D and see if anything works.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 minutes ago, regis9 said:

On button bindings, I’ve never quite understood why the commands have to be any different for basic functions like beacon, nav lights etc?  Why have a customized command that doesn’t work with default-based hardware setups when at the end of a day it’s a simple switch that turns a light on and off?  For example on my Logitech switch panel the gear lever works but nothing else.

They have really screwed a lot of people up as far as control bindings with this aircraft and it's probably one of the major reasons I won't buy it.  Asobos fawning over it as the first implementation of a complex aircraft when it straight up doesn't work with people's control setups that work with every other aircraft in the sim just shows what a word not allowed this so-called "platform" is.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

Why have a customized command that doesn’t work with default-based hardware setups when at the end of a day it’s a simple switch that turns a light on and off?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/heading-increment-bug-10-degree-instead-of-1-explained/290173/125?u=cptlucky8

in working mostly (if not only) with aircraft developers doing FS products, this shuts the door to learning how the same things are better done in other simulators and therefore how FS2020 could benefit from doing differently. [...] in XP11 for example, you can intercept commands and dataref state changes

Aerosoft has nothing to do with it. We're dealing with this in our products too, but in this case, not only I know this kind of limitations, but the RXP FltSim products do inject the necessary code into the simulator (FS9 to P3D5) to augment the SDK and to allow supporting this feature. It would just require Asobo working with people knowing this kind of SDK architectual flaws for hoping a change someday.

NB: I call it a flaw because of how this is limiting creativity. In effect, one of the reason most if not all 3rd party aircraft vendors are forced to exposing public L:vars for actionable items, is only because the SDK can't support event intercept and callback. The problem with L:vars is that they are managed using polling, and they are therefore prone to failure in case 2 changes are occurring withing 1 update loop (we're intercepting the default GPS button/knobs events in the RXP GPS instead of publishing L:vars for commands in order to guarantee you can send dozens of commands in a single loop without any loss - I really know this stuff believe me!)

Edited by RXP
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 3/19/2021 at 8:16 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

I would like to know as well. I cant use my spad.next to adjust alt, hdg, vs etc. 

That is disappointing. I am holding off on this aircraft until MS/Asobo fix the sim. However, I am a little reluctant if I can't interface the aircraft with hardware. Fiddling with a mouse pointer in turbulence isn't fun IMO.

Not being able to use the Logitech panels or the Honeywell Bravo throttle AP is also a killer for me. I wouldn't recognise what a Lvar is if I fell over one.

Aerosoft state the CRJ is compatible with the Bravo throttle in the sales blurb but make no mention of the fact that it's only the throttles that work. Bit naughty really.

Glad I held off and read the forum postings. 

Edited by iandavid22
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

They have really screwed a lot of people up as far as control bindings with this aircraft and it's probably one of the major reasons I won't buy it.  Asobos fawning over it as the first implementation of a complex aircraft when it straight up doesn't work with people's control setups that work with every other aircraft in the sim just shows what a word not allowed this so-called "platform" is.

Complex aircraft require much more setup for sim setups, this is not unique to MSFS but applies to p3d and XP11 and FSX.

18 minutes ago, sluflyer06 said:

@sd_flyer

@nyxx

@GACSavannah

The real CRJ does NOT do v1 and v2 calls, so how are you missing that?

Does the FO call them out?

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Does the FO call them out?

Not sure, I haven't flown anything bigger than a king air. But I love talked to RW CRJ pilots and there is no v1 call-out from the FMS. Aerosoft's intro video is misleading...I agree it sounds cool, and it's useful, it just doesn't happen on the real plane.

1 minute ago, sluflyer06 said:

Not sure, I haven't flown anything bigger than a king air. But I love talked to RW CRJ pilots and there is no v1 call-out from the FMS. Aerosoft's intro video is misleading...I agree it sounds cool, and it's useful, it just doesn't happen on the real plane.

I take your word for it that the real CRJ has no V1 & V2 call out, but if its normal for a FO to call them out since the aircraft does not, then it would be good to have a call out. If nore the aircraft or the PM does not then for sure dont have them.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, iandavid22 said:

Not being able to use the Logitech panels or the Honeywell Bravo throttle AP is also a killer for me. 

I have almost all autopilot functions working now with the Honeycomb Bravo. It's only the altitude bug that is not working.

But for me none of the external light switches of the Honeycomb Alpha work.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

I am disappointed that they did not include any landing gear sounds (WT CJ4 guys did a great job on this), no ground roll sounds, and the engine sounds at altitude are too loud (should fade as you get higher as wind noise increases).  You can set the engine sound slider down a bit to help but surprised there isn't a way to do this in the aircraft programming.  Also, the hideous wind noise (sounds more like a hurricane) as you increase speed at altitude. If it was a constant, steady wind noise it would be great but this effect of "gusty winds" is not what you would hear.  They are using the wind effect from the ground up at altitude and it's not right and might even be tied to the winds aloft which is just silly. I do believe this one is a core MSFS issue though and not necessarily the CRJ....

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

36 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

They are using the wind effect from the ground up at altitude and it's not right and might even be tied to the winds aloft which is just silly. I do believe this one is a core MSFS issue though and not necessarily the CRJ....

They have stated specifically that it sounded accurate to their beta testers, so I don't think it is a sim issue but a deliberate choice. Not sure what those beta testers heard in the CRJ cockpit, perhaps listening to ambient wind soundtracks on their bluetooth enabled Bose or Lightspeed headsets. Because it sure does not sound like that in real life 🤡.

Also, I don't know if you are familiar with the CRJ, don't want to assume anything. But what you are calling engine sounds might be the avionics cooling fans that are constant, not engine noise? The engine noise is quite subdued as they should be with them that far removed from the cockpit.