Sign in to follow this  
Boeing737max

Local Airport Updates

As it is with a lot of P3D airports, their afcads are way out of date. A lot of the time you can just download an updated one that someone has so generously created. Unfortunately my local airport isn't that lucky, granted it's had quite the renovation done to it in the last 10 years. 

Looking for someone who has the talent of creating and editing afcads who can update my local airport!

And now we should guess your home airport? 😉

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

5 hours ago, Boeing737max said:

As it is with a lot of P3D airports, their afcads are way out of date. A lot of the time you can just download an updated one that someone has so generously created. Unfortunately my local airport isn't that lucky, granted it's had quite the renovation done to it in the last 10 years. 

Looking for someone who has the talent of creating and editing afcads who can update my local airport!

NUUK I guess?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, Aether said:

I know that FSAerodata has been busy with a new product updating the afcads take a look here https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136

But alas no progress since last year.

Unlikely to see the light of day because that service will close layer this year due to increased costs and insufficient revenue from declining sales.  Blame MS....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

And now we should guess your home airport? 😉

Dan

I was holding that just until I had someone who wanted to help, but since you asked, KPSC Tri-Cities Airport, Pasco, Washington.

25 minutes ago, Boeing737max said:

I was holding that just until I had someone who wanted to help, but since you asked, KPSC Tri-Cities Airport, Pasco, Washington.

I have a look at it. I just saw,  there is a FS9 version, which I could modify maybe to have some nice buildings or I do it from scratch with generic buildings and common objects. 

Dan

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

9 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

I have a look at it. I just saw,  there is a FS9 version, which I could modify maybe to have some nice buildings or I do it from scratch with generic buildings and common objects. 

Dan

FS9 version is quite outdated from current layout, new terminal and taxiways compared to that one. 

Skyvector page with loads of info on the airport, really appreciate you checking it out. 

Google Maps has pretty good imagery of the terminal and its present gate layout.

Let me know if there's anything you need to assist if you do undertake this!  

Edited by Boeing737max
new link

I opened the default file and underlayed it with google satellite pic. The layout of runways seems correct but the details are missing, like blastpath or overrun. Also taxiways need some corrections and the scenery looks pretty booring in p3d5. So I will work on that and it will certainly look better afterwards. Do you have ORBX Global and landclass? Just because of the sourroundings, like trainlines etc. 

ERrRxZm.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

I opened the default file and underlayed it with google satellite pic. The layout of runways seems correct but the details are missing, like blastpath or overrun. Also taxiways need some corrections and the scenery looks pretty booring in p3d5. So I will work on that and it will certainly look better afterwards. Do you have ORBX Global and landclass? Just because of the sourroundings, like trainlines etc. 

ERrRxZm.jpg

Oh my word you're an absolute saint! 

Yes I have Orbx Global, CRM, and TrueEarth WA. 

Hi @Boeing737Max

I just saw, there is an ORBX scenery for this airport, making it look closer to reality. You should have this in CRM. The terminal however is ugly. But the one I will build from generic buildings wont be that better i fear. 

I checked your link about airport information. There´s lot of information but not about parking numbering. Do you have information about the gates, how the are numbered?

Regards

Dan

2 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Hi @Boeing737Max

I just saw, there is an ORBX scenery for this airport, making it look closer to reality. You should have this in CRM. The terminal however is ugly. But the one I will build from generic buildings wont be that better i fear. 

I checked your link about airport information. There´s lot of information but not about parking numbering. Do you have information about the gates, how the are numbered?

Regards

Dan

Orbx did well on the east side of the field, however like you said the terminal and west side is still outdated. 

Here's the termianl map, simple gates, 1-5, 1 being on the southern most side and 5 being on the northern most. 

uhZeiCZ.jpg

There are nine total parking positions, each gate having two parking spots and an extra spot on the top left for charter flights. 

f4nyiqQ.jpg

Further south the FedEx hub got an upgrade as well, two "cargo" parking position 

Hope this helps! 

Yes, that help a lot. I realized Google Maps are not actual. I got now Zoom Earth data. 

What are the charter aircraft which park on these 3 separate parkings north-west? Business Jets or touristic airliners?

7 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Yes, that help a lot. I realized Google Maps are not actual. I got now Zoom Earth data. 

What are the charter aircraft which park on these 3 separate parkings north-west? Business Jets or touristic airliners?

Mainly small airliners, nothing bigger than an A321/737-900

1 hour ago, Boeing737max said:

Mainly small airliners, nothing bigger than an A321/737-900

I need Airline Names not types, if possible.

What is the background terrain? Is this desert with 

It is now pretty much advanced. No the lenghty fine tuning comes. PM me your mail address, I will send you a link to the actual state. I will certainly work more on this. Could add lighting and more detail. Also the only jetway needs to be done. Do you have GSX?