Sign in to follow this  
Hauer

ORBX March Madness Sale up to 50% off

My shopping list

1) MKStudios Helsinki 

2) Digital design Salzburg

3) Orbx Scandinavian mountain airport

4) Digital design Lyon

The 5) & 6) is more of a challenge. Belgrade, Costa Oblia, Reijka are on my list, amongst others.

17 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Any reason you can't just browse the website? The discounted products have the sale price in red. Takes a minute to browse each region by scrolling down each page. Yes, I know it would be nice if there was a "sale items only" page but it's not too hard to go through the pages unless I'm missing something.🤔

There is sale banner on Orbx website that a person can click on to go to specific list of anything on sale.

However when I clicked on that sale banner, it took me to list showing only American airports on sale while ignoring other airports that are also on sale too.  That sale banner is supposed to take anyone to specific list of whatever is on sale.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

On 3/19/2021 at 2:46 PM, Aharon said:

thanks but that link does not show me map

10 hours ago, Reader said:

It cannot be linked. You can look at it by installing/opening Orbx Central and then clicking on Discover. 

Guys, am I overlooking another image upload method on AVSIM.

All I see is an "insert image from url" option.

That's why I did it that way using Imgur.

Anyway to directly post an image on these forums?

I've never seen any other options on my end.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

21 hours ago, FPStewy said:

It's showing something different, ex. how come it's not showing you TE Britain ?

Ah I think its going off the sims I have installed.

Which are MSFS and FSXSE. TE is only for P3D and XP11 in which I no longer have installed.

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

9 hours ago, Aharon said:

There is sale banner on Orbx website that a person can click on to go to specific list of anything on sale.

However when I clicked on that sale banner, it took me to list showing only American airports on sale while ignoring other airports that are also on sale too.

I see what you are meaning now. Yes, it does that, but the North American list is everything, regardless of whether it's on sale. Just hover over "Products" at the top of the page as you normally would, and select the region you want to view. Then you'll see the sale prices as appropriate. As i said, yes, it would be handy if there was a sale only page, but maybe they hope you'll pick up a few non-sale items whilst browsing.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

14 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Guys, am I overlooking another image upload method on AVSIM.

All I see is an "insert image from url" option.

That's why I did it that way using Imgur.

Anyway to directly post an image on these forums?

I've never seen any other options on my end.

I meant that the Orbx Discover map itself cannot be linked, as it is not an image.

If you wish to insert an image, then click on the image in Imgur and select direct link,

5.jpg.4b48594a3db85417cded041def2e015d.j

then copy that direct link and paste it straight into your post.

The direct link will look like this  https://i.imgur.com/WCgmCKc.jpg but the forum will automatically embed it, resulting in this:

WCgmCKc.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reader said:

I meant that the Orbx Discover map itself cannot be linked, as it is not an image.

If you wish to insert an image, then click on the image in Imgur and select direct link,

5.jpg.4b48594a3db85417cded041def2e015d.j

then copy that direct link and paste it straight into your post.

The direct link will look like this  https://i.imgur.com/WCgmCKc.jpg but the forum will automatically embed it, resulting in this:

WCgmCKc.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up!🍻

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Got TerraFlora for P3D. I already had HD Trees. Since I purchased that one through Steam (for FSX), I couldn't port it to P3D.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I am disappointed that ChasePlane is not included. I wonder if they ever discount this 😞 

&

ugcx_banner.png

12 hours ago, sholay said:

I am disappointed that ChasePlane is not included. I wonder if they ever discount this 😞 

&

I remember even before it moved to the ORBX platform, it never went on sale. I waited a few months but eventually bit the bullet and paid full price, seeing that (a) unlike aircraft or airfield add-ons which are used on-and-off, this would be used all the time, (b) it is one price for all the platforms - FSX+Steam Edition, P3D all versions, and (c) it overcame the most annoying native feature of FSX and P3D where the camera won't pause in external views when using TrackIR, swinging around with your head movements instead of being controlled with joystick hat switch. Chase Plane fixed that perfectly.

I'm probably only using 10% of ChasePlane's features, but that 10% for me was worth the money. (d) All updates and improvements have been free, unlike some developers (eg EZdok) which bring out new versions and then expect you to pay for it each time. So yeah, you won't find ChasePlane on sale (you're extremely lucky if you do), but it is definitely worth the full price in my opinion

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

1 hour ago, rooitou said:

I'm probably only using 10% of ChasePlane's features, but that 10% for me was worth the money. (d) All updates and improvements have been free, unlike some developers (eg EZdok) which bring out new versions and then expect you to pay for it each time. So yeah, you won't find ChasePlane on sale (you're extremely lucky if you do), but it is definitely worth the full price in my opinion

Yeah, I realized couple of days ago almost same thing. Besides, unless it would be like 50% off, 7 EUR of discount is 2 cups of coffee in a cafe downstairs. And since beginning of plandemics I do not go there that often 😉

Thanks for motivational speech, now I am going shopping.

&

• Like 1

ugcx_banner.png

where is map of discounted airports, please?  Has the creator of the map solve the posting problem of the map, please?

signCopy.jpg

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

where is map of discounted airports, please?  Has the creator of the map solve the posting problem of the map, please?

This is a simply screenshot of the product map inside of the ORBX Central app ... I'm not the creator.

Also the map only displays products available for my currently installed sims.

Which for me are FSX and MSFS.(No P3D/XP11 only products being shown on my map)

tDlLE3k.png

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

how do you actually access that map in the app? Should it be on the "My Products" page? If so, all I get there is the list of my products on the left hand side and a Orbx Simulation Systems logo on the same dark background as your screenshot . No map. If I click on one of the products, it's information page takes up the empty space to the right of the list.

Scratch that, it's on the Discover page. Don't think I'd used it, going from website to app most of the time.

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)