Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Finally! - EFHK (Helsinki) on sale at MK Studios

Hi,

I know this is potentially posted in the wrong sub forum but I know a few folks around here were eager to see Helsinki on sale by MK Studios.

Well that time has arrived over at Orbx.

It's a good time to take advantage of the Orbx sale going on.

My wallet is ready!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Picked this up already, along with a couple of others!

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

10 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Picked this up already, along with a couple of others!

Good man! 😉

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

I’ll have to eventually move this, but before I do, how does the MK version compare to Aerosoft’s?

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

2 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

how does the MK version compare to Aerosoft’s?

The A-Flight (sold by Aerosoft) EFHK was awesome in its time.
But it was made almost ten years ago so, despite a few patches it got, it is an aging product now.
So, in 2021 it can hardly be compared in any aspect.

The real competition now is Justsim vs MK-Studios EFHK, as both are newly made products.
You can read mixed opinions and I tend to agree with the conclusion in FSElite comparison (linked below): they are more or less equal quality.
If you have one, there is not much you can gain buying the other one.

https://fselite.net/reviews/head-to-head-helsinki-airport-by-justsim-and-mk-studios/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rafal said:

The A-Flight (sold by Aerosoft) EFHK was awesome in its time.
But it was made almost ten years ago so, despite a few patches it got, it is an aging product now.
So, in 2021 it can hardly be compared in any aspect.

The real competition now is Justsim vs MK-Studios EFHK, as both are newly made products.
You can read mixed opinions and I tend to agree with the conclusion in FSElite comparison (linked below): they are more or less equal quality.
If you have one, there is not much you can gain buying the other one.

https://fselite.net/reviews/head-to-head-helsinki-airport-by-justsim-and-mk-studios/

Thank you Rafal, wow I’m getting old, I had forgotten how old it already was. Might be time for a replacement then 😎👍

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

13 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

I’ll have to eventually move this, but before I do, how does the MK version compare to Aerosoft’s?

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I think the consensus when this was discussed in this sub forum late last year was that the MK Studios had the edge but the two are very evenly balanced as Rafal commented above.

One of the reasons I held out for the MK Studios version as opposed to Justsim, was that Justim have the policy of paid updates e.g v4 to v5 whereas MK Studios have a better policy (IMHO) of offering free updates. At least that's the status quo today.

Another reason, MK Studios just updated their P3D scenery just a few days ago with some changes to SODE jetways, a fix to VGDS as well as various AFCAD updates to the parking stands, so this does bring the airport up to the latest layout when compared to the real airport.

Also, feel free to move my post now to the appropriate forum. I just wanted to specifically point out one of the airports to the P3D crowd here that EFHK is included in the current sale from Orbx which was of note. 😀

• Like 2

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

MSFS already has Liverpool. Flying N.E. from there, Manchester was added with the World 3 update, Further N.E. I will maybe purchase Newcastle and Leeds because good reviews on Youtube. And maybe London City Airport (EGLC) which is near MSFS Heathrow. Abt. 40% off all 3. Each about $11 USD now.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.