Stellar in VR

Like a "new car smell" feeling

Everything seems clearer now, comfortable with largess

May have a few bugs that I have not encountered yet....Glad I bought it

Edited by peppy197
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks pretty but does the AP work?

Heard it can’t capture and follow glide scope in ILS which, if true, is a major problem!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

AP engaged after yaw damper turned on (middle pedestal) and sufficient null zones added to yoke/

I landed on a non-ILS RW so dunno yet, heard of some problems but have been having those ever since I got MSFS

56 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Heard it can’t capture and follow glide scope in ILS which, if true, is a major problem!

I’ve flown it around 4 times a day from within the first hour of release. 
If you are below the GS and you should be anyway. It captures it 9 out of 10 times.

Two times I’ve seen the dive bug. That being just before the GS it starts a dive like a faux GS. AP off hand fly time.

Its an aircraft that needs setting up correctly and keeping an eye on.

If trim is set correctly takeoff is really nice, AP ON, Speed (FLC) ON, thrust to climb, above 10,000 speed to 290, unless you level out you never have to touch the throttle until reaching cruise. Decent is a different matter, VS and the Banana work well with the VNAV blue dot.

Its not an easy aircraft to learn but my own PDF walk through is now done and makes each flight a lot easier and works for me and the aircraft lol.

Tip, I use Turnaround state but you still need to press the Turnaround state button every time for it to load 100% right. The give away is no wheel chocks.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Nice!

Thanks for the info!

Chris Camp

8 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

False.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I’ve flown it around 4 times a day from within the first hour of release. 

I thought you announced - in more than one thread - that you weren't gonna buy it ???

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Twice I had the issue with the ILS glidescope. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

I thought you announced - in more than one thread - that you weren't gonna buy it ???

That's a flight simmer announcement. They don't count. They're like the 'I've had enough, I'm out' posts, which then go on for thirty five pages. 🤣

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

In the UK we have a saying.

"cut off your nose to spite your face"

I also said many times how much I was looking forward to it.

My opinion of AS has not changed.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

False.

Well, at least not absolutely. I think it's fair to say that it has occasional failures - so much that the developer has announced to write an own G/S capture routine and probably fix it with the next patch. It seems to be a problem with the underlying MSFS autopilot the CRJ is using - and we all know it has its quirks.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Autoland and ILS is for pussies. I thought everyone knew that. And especially in something you've paid 42 quid to play with. After all, you don't have a dog and then bark yourself.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

The good news is that most everything works great, looks great, and this CRJ is a pure joy to fly. The amount of documentation is overwhelming and greatly appreciated by me and a few others.  Those that don't read manuals or instructions just have a flatter learning curve. 

For those that refuse to read instructions and ask necessary questions can turn to YouTube for their instruction.  I am amazed at the quality and quantity of detailed high-quality tutorials that are already available.  I can personally recommend a series of 30 min videos that animate the Vol 3 Tutorial Flight from EDLP to EDDM and tracks page by page while explaining things that are difficult to put into print.  Look for the BobbyFuzzy CRJ Tutorials on YouTube.   

Those inevitable glitches, niches, burrs, errors, sneaky gremlins, and needed corrections are probably already being worked on and may be solved already. Patches and updates are normal.  Some of the corrections are being posted as small downloads in the Aerosoft Support Forum.

I am perfectly happy with this new CRJ and look forward to many hours of pleasant enjoyment in our flight sim.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 3

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Autoland and ILS is for pussies. I thought everyone knew that. And especially in something you've paid 42 quid to play with. After all, you don't have a dog and then bark yourself.

No, but, I do pi$$ on trees and fire hydrants from time to time.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Just now, raymar said:

No, but, I do pi$$ on trees and fire hydrants from time to time.

Well, so long as you don't do it outside a police station, or you aren't a member of the Rolling Stones, I think you'll be fine.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury