Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

first impressions CRJ Aerosoft

15 minutes ago, raymar said:

The good news is that most everything works great, looks great, and this CRJ is a pure joy to fly. The amount of documentation is overwhelming and greatly appreciated by me and a few others.  Those that don't read manuals or instructions just have a flatter learning curve. 

For those that refuse to read instructions and ask necessary questions can turn to YouTube for their instruction.  I am amazed at the quality and quantity of detailed high-quality tutorials that are already available.  I can personally recommend a series of 30 min videos that animate the Vol 3 Tutorial Flight from EDLP to EDDM and tracks page by page while explaining things that a difficult to put into print.  Look for the BobbyFuzzy CRJ Tutorials on YouTube.   

Those inevitable glitches, niches, burrs, errors, sneaky gremlins needed corrections are probably already being worked on and may be solved already. Patches and updates are normal.  Some of the corrections are being posted as small downloads in the Aerosoft Support Forum.

I am perfectly happy with this new CRJ and look forward to many pleasant hours of enjoyment in our flight sim.

Regards,

Ray

Or I am happy to share my walk though PDF.

Here is how I set up my TM Warthog Throttle

Screenshot-858.png

If you dont want to watch a lot of vid's or read thought a lot of manuals. All you have to do is Follow this.

Screenshot-863.png

NOTE: You should use SimBrief for your flight plans and take note of FL, Fuel, ZFW, W/C then you can skip entering your flight plan.

If you want a copy PM me your email. Thats my contribution to help people here on AVSIM. Before someone asks why not upload it to the libary, it takes a few days and if you forget/get some notes wrong you have to start again....a pain.

I hope it helps people out.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Here is how to make simbrief work for you.

Make sure if you like the MSFS ATC to also download a MSFS flight plan also.

Start MSFS, load your flight plan. Only use the drop down window for your gate. Start flight.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, raymar said:

The good news is that most everything works great, looks great, and this CRJ is a pure joy to fly. The amount of documentation is overwhelming and greatly appreciated by me and a few others.  Those that don't read manuals or instructions just have a flatter learning curve. 

I am perfectly happy with this new CRJ and look forward to many hours of pleasant enjoyment in our flight sim.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks, my feelings exactly !  Having flown the CRJ550 on VATSIM for several flights, I have experienced a few glitches that A/S has either acknowledged and already fixed or being worked on.  My BIGGEST complaint still remains the inconsistency with LIVE weather. from ASOBO.  Every flight is a "cr_p shoot" and now I find I can't rely on "Unreal Weather" or REX for any better results.   DEAR ACTIVESKY --- HEAR MY PRAYER 🙏🙏🙏

Edited by vcarlo

WAT1460.png

3 hours ago, Chock said:

That's a flight simmer announcement. They don't count. They're like the 'I've had enough, I'm out' posts, which then go on for thirty five pages. 🤣

o,m,G!  I thought the day would NEVER come, something we actually agree on!  🤣

Seriously, good input there!

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, vcarlo said:

DEAR ACTIVESKY --- HEAR MY PRAYER

I'd rather that Asobo get their act together and fix what is broken and add what is needed to the weather engine.

Like proper low visibility conditions, cirrus clouds, properly depicted haze and fog conditions, correctly working ingame ATIS, weather radar that is picking up precipitation instead of clouds.

I don't want to rely on 3rd Party any longer, especially not if their approach is purely METAR. We need the mix that the new engine offers, it just needs to function properly.

• Like 1

Another very useful link

https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/aerosoft-crj-700/

Even in a simple livery the CRJ looks stunning.

slim.png

Screenshot-856.png

Just completed my first full flight in the CRJ today and I have to say I really like it. It was an awesome experience and at the same time rather stressful. I‘m used to the 320 and to have no real autothrottle and having to think of all the other new things was quite tough. As a result, the approach was rather bumpy, but fortunately the touchdown wasn‘t too bad. Next time I‘ll do a longer flight so I have enough time to mentally review everything before my descent. 
I have to say at first I wasn‘t that overwhelmed by the cockpit. It just looked to clean for my taste and you have to change views quite a lot. Then, on my second (not so serious) flight I put on my VR headset and wow, what a difference! It looks absolutely gorgeous. I can‘t wait for my next flight.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2