Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

Break Point has been reached

Started Sim with flight plan loaded.  Then...

Sitting on the runway at KFHR in the KingAir 350 - frame rate was running between 5 and 10 fps - system was almost non-responsive.  I had not yet taken off because I could not get any of the controls set.

Suddenly I received a message saying (in a white message box with small black letters) "Break Point A reached" with an OK click spot.  I clicked on it once and received the same message, clicked on it a 2nd time and the sim crashed to the desktop.

Is it possible some debugging code was left in the distributed sim?

In the prior startup of the sim I had flown the same flight plan and saw a very steady 29 - 32 fps on the KFHR runway and take off.  

• Like 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

are you using developer mode?

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Breakpoints do refer to debugging code - I'd probably file a Zendesk issue, they should be able to track where this code is in the codebase.

Wouldn't it be great if they would beta test at Asobo???

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wouldn't it be great if they would beta test at Asobo???

It would appear that, that, is not their job ... it is ours ... get with the programme LOL

Disappointing at best

Tony

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

How can you beta test when after CTD when loading a flight you follow the advise Repair no good Reset no good un-install and re-install now cannot get MSFS to load.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51053944957/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51053863841/in/dateposted-public/

My system runs P3Dv5 DX12 no problem MSFS is now broken. And no addons.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

Sitting on the runway at KFHR in the KingAir 350 - frame rate was running between 5 and 10 fps - system was almost non-responsive.  I had not yet taken off because I could not get any of the controls set.

Suddenly I received a message saying (in a white message box with small black letters) "Break Point A reached" with an OK click spot.  I clicked on it once and received the same message, clicked on it a 2nd time and the sim crashed to the desktop.

In the prior startup of the sim I had flown the same flight plan and saw a very steady 29 - 32 fps on the KFHR runway and take off.  

I think some code was left in the last update that shouldn't have been there. I believe it caused a memory leak. Which is why so many people are experiencing lagging and stuttering.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Things may be back on track I will not know till tomorrow had to wipe all of MSFS of the PC and log out of MS store, now Re-Installing but paused will do overnight have flying to do, Will be a MSFS virgin again 😆.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

Update surprise started the downloading again went shopping came back down to the last GB install in a few hours, Started flight OK all my settings were still there after wiping the PC short flight over Rome real weather.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51055083803/in/dateposted-public/

Need to Edit my tail number again. and what`s with the tall tower block.

Raymond Fry.

18 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

That often points out to a corrupted file.The airport is not flawed, I've just flown a pattern there with the Spit' to check. Great framerate, very smooth. It could be your flight plan which has gotten bad. Have you tried without it ? And have you an addon  in the vicinity ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

28 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

That often points out to a corrupted file.The airport is not flawed, I've just flown a pattern there with the Spit' to check. Great framerate, very smooth. It could be your flight plan which has gotten bad. Have you tried without it ? And have you an addon  in the vicinity ?

Also did a quick flight from there just now .. FR good .. buttttt  .. about 2  miles out there is a spot which drags the FPS down for about 15 seconds. Something is "lurking" in the area 😆 

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

39 minutes ago, SAPilot said:

Also did a quick flight from there just now .. FR good .. buttttt  .. about 2  miles out there is a spot which drags the FPS down for about 15 seconds. Something is "lurking" in the area 😆 

Yep, a stuttering gremlin lurks over Lopez Is.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

My Sim uses allmost in every Flight ( in Task Manager ) CDU 5-15% and GPU 10-25% in allmost all situations ???????????????????.

That is causing the stutters and at some points ( saw it often in USA ) i get one frame per second and this never find back so i have to shut down the Sim over Task Manager closing the Task.

Man, where is that Hotfix..😌

cheers 🤔

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

are you using developer mode?

YES

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Same thing happens when I takeoff from KFHR with NO flight plan. 

It happens in the C152 (all old analog gauges and no autopilot), C172, GA36, DA62, TBM 930 with NO mods of any kind (Community Folder is empty).  It happens at EXCATLY the same spot in every aircraft at speeds from 70 knots to 190 knots and from 0 feet per second to 2500 feed per second climb.  

The identical problem occurs exactly the same when I load up a bunch of local mods, ORBX mods, TBM mods, G36 Turbo Mod, G1000 and G3000 WT mods.

The problem is location specific.  

Prior to that location my CPU is at 65 - 75% and GPU at 100% with 32 frames/second, instantly the CPU goes to 99% and GPU drops to 40% at 14 - 16 frames/second.

Prior to the problem the sim is 100% of the time GPU limited,  it then becomes Main Thread limited (thread response goes from 25ms to 65 - 75ms), Waiting for Manipulators, and very occasionally CPU limited. 

The problem is 100% replicable.