Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Another orbx sale till march 28th

Heads up that Orbx seem to have have another sale on. - St Patrick's Day or Ides of March or something, no idea.

Regardless of why - it seems to be up to 40% off stuff like the Fly Tampa YSSD Sydney,  EGPN Dundee Scotland and the Iris Jabiru (which has an update to the FM due out tomorrow by the way) .

• Like 4

They seem to have a sale now every month. Unfortunately I've stopped buying MSFS add-ons until the sim is stable. They need to fix the fps issue ASAP. I can't believe that this has not been addressed.

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

33 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Unfortunately I've stopped buying MSFS add-ons until the sim is stable. They need to fix the fps issue ASAP. I can't believe that this has not been addressed.

Me too !!

At least that performance problem that came in with Patch 1.13 and gets more worse with Patch 1.14 - i completly stoped playing MSFS at this time ( and ordering something ) until this issue is fixed because this took all the fun away - sorry to say but this happens to me. 🤔

If its fixed i am ASAP back again..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I am interested in the Jabiru.  Glenn likes it and I probably would have bought it if things were good, but its the same story here.  I am not really flying at the moment until the sim is fixed - so I would see it as a waste of time and money just getting more addons while it is like this.

I just spent on the JF Arrow and FI Spitfire but have virtually zero hours on them at the moment, so I won't pump any more money in currently. 

I will maybe look to get some addons in the winter sales - it might be all fixed up by then!  :unsure: (yes, sarcasm, I know!)

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

36 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I am interested in the Jabiru.  Glenn likes it and I probably would have bought it if things were good, but its the same story here.  I am not really flying at the moment until the sim is fixed - so I would see it as a waste of time and money just getting more addons while it is like this.

I just spent on the JF Arrow and FI Spitfire but have virtually zero hours on them at the moment, so I won't pump any more money in currently. 

I will maybe look to get some addons in the winter sales - it might be all fixed up by then!  :unsure: (yes, sarcasm, I know!)

The Jabiru is good for the price, it is not at the same level as the JF Arrow but on special for $20 or so US for two airframes (with steam and glass variants of each) it is not in the same price bracket either. 

It will be interesting to see if tomorrows patch fixes the remaining minor FM issues (stall and ground control) it has had.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I am not really flying at the moment until the sim is fixed 

I just spent on .... the FI Spitfire but have virtually zero hours 

Do pattern work with the Spit ’in an airport which is not flawed  and have great surroundings.I do some right now in Hawthorne NV and have a ball 😀

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

They seem to have a sale now every month. Unfortunately I've stopped buying MSFS add-ons until the sim is stable. They need to fix the fps issue ASAP. I can't believe that this has not been addressed.

Also not buying anything for MSFS. But I'm doing it due to the lack of a flyby view, as I simply cannot enjoy flying without that essential view. Cannot believe the most modern flight sim doesn't have it.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

As much as I appreciate the lower prices for MSFS scenery...I'm just not there with buying payware for it yet.

Maybe in another year or two...

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, rooitou said:

Also not buying anything for MSFS. But I'm doing it due to the lack of a flyby view

Their is a 'Flight Recorder' (free) on flightsim.to for very basic, but stable replay.

Easy to set up flyby view with the replay and drone camera.... I know it is not native, but it works!

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

10 hours ago, DJJose said:

Does the FPS issue include 'screen freeze'?

I have been getting this since the latest update, never prior to that.

If I wait for up to around a minute, [it varies], sim comes to life again. When the screen is frozen, keyboard, joystick, mouse are too, so I can't back out of it.

T45

13 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Does the FPS issue include 'screen freeze'?

I have been getting this since the latest update, never prior to that.

If I wait for up to around a minute, [it varies], sim comes to life again. When the screen is frozen, keyboard, joystick, mouse are too, so I can't back out of it.

T45

Mine is a drop in fps after a few minutes of flying. Stutters and poor performance are the result of fps being cut in half. I hope they get this sorted soon.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.