Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

PMDG Update: [20MAR21] A glimpse of the Road Ahead

12 minutes ago, bhx22 said:

I always seem to sense a sort of arrogance from PMDG don't get me wrong they make quality aircraft.

But I'm quite happy with my free fbw thankyou I'm not really bothered about PMDG anymore.

My opinion's thats all.

I imagine all of us should support the freeware offerings like FBW and others. It could only result in a healthy competition between payware and freeware developers which, in the end, could mean better quality products for us all to enjoy; That's what I hope, anyway!

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

RSR is a good marketing guy. It had to made the CRJ about them. That's just PMDG for you.

Either way. I am glad to hear they have found the way to work with MSFS SDK. I am so tired of hearing P3D or XP11 word not allowed claiming the MSFS is just a scenery simulator. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

24 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

RSR is a good marketing guy. It had to made the CRJ about them. That's just PMDG for you.

Either way. I am glad to hear they have found the way to work with MSFS SDK. I am so tired of hearing P3D or XP11 word not allowed claiming the MSFS is just a scenery simulator. 

That’s just smart business.  I’m sure PMDG sales have tanked over there and the only way out is to go full in on MSFS.  The folks talking trash the most on MSFS seem to be a few developers with vested interests on the older platforms with neither the desire nor the will to move ahead to where the market is growing.  Their loss.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

PMDG looked at its collapsing sales figures for P3D and decided: nah, we're ready for MSFS 2020.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

That’s just smart business.  I’m sure PMDG sales have tanked over there and the only way out is to go full in on MSFS.  The folks talking trash the most on MSFS seem to be a few developers with vested interests on the older platforms with neither the desire nor the will to move ahead to where the market is growing.  Their loss.

I get the feeling this is possibly what happened. They probably wanted to stay on P3D forever but the market is forcing their hand.

• Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

27 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

PMDG looked at its collapsing sales figures for P3D and decided: nah, we're ready for MSFS 2020.

Yup.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I agree, even though there are still loyal P3D simmers (and that's perfectly fine!), the reality is that the P3D sales base has to have shrunk.  Personally I've passed up on several P3D releases that would have been instant buys a year ago (recent 777, 737 cargo packs, BBJ packs) and will be passing up an upcoming release that would have been an instant buy (FSL Sharklets).  I can't imagine I'm alone.  

Hopefully as someone mentioned above we'll start seeing more and more devs moving into MSFS in the next little while.  It's like the wait for COVID vaccines...a small trickle at first but eventually things will accelerate very quickly.  

• Like 8

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

47 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

😂😂

Another PMDG-bashing thread...

• Like 2

David Porrett

Looking forward to the DC6. I flew the R2800 on the CL215 water bomber and there is nothing like the sound of those engines starting up especially early in the morning, sun coming up, a mile viz in morning fog burning off....... I am hoping to see the "time acceleration" feature added here.

Dave

• Like 1

Hoping he'll come out at the end of the year? I can't wait to fly Boeing again!

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

I‘m already looking forward to all the MSFS-naysayers moving to MSFS once PMDG has released their first MSFS jet. So funny. I still remember those same people bashing Prepar3D when it was released and stating how they would never leave FSX... 

By the way, great news from PMDG. Until the NG is released, I will have fun flying the CRJ (despite some of its bugs).

Edited by carlito777
  • Like 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

6 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

I‘m already looking forward to all the MSFS-naysayers moving to MSFS once PMDG has released their first MSFS jet. So funny. I still remember those same people bashing Prepar3D when it was released and stating how they would never leave FSX... 

By the way, great news from PMDG. Until the NG is released, I will have fun flying the CRJ (despite some of its bugs).

P3D users living rent free in so many people's heads on this forum.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

Personally I've passed up on several P3D releases that would have been instant buys a year ago (recent 777, 737 cargo packs, BBJ packs) and will be passing up an upcoming release that would have been an instant buy (FSL Sharklets).  I can't imagine I'm alone.  

True that FSL Sharklets hype was started before MSFS was released and I really doubt if FSL will make breaking sales with that (definitely the PMDG 777-200ER didn't make breaking sales either, it looks everything went for the CRJ lol)

From Mr. K own words from here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160660-how-are-the-sales-going-for-msfs/&tab=comments#comment-1024445

"From the publishers point of view...  sales are very very strong. I can tell you some glasses were raised."

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I wonder which DC3 guy they know. I bet Mikey McBrian at Buffalo would give them any access they wanted to his airline's DC3s. If I recall he's got a DC6 or two as well, and his pilots do some minor "training" on FSX with a freeware DC3, so he gets the desktop sim scene.