Sign in to follow this  
cannonplug

Installers Hang

Hi Bryan,

I'm writing to see whether you might have an idea what could be causing my FS2Crew installers to hang. Right now, I'm trying to install the latest FSLabs Crew and it's hung at the 28% mark installing the FS2CrewData.ini file. I've seen the same behavior with the PMDG 737 and 747 installations. Strangely, the last few versions of the 777 Crew have installed very quickly and without issues.

In the past, sometimes waiting for a while has been enough to complete the installation (like this very instant!). Other times, waiting even 10 minutes or more has not worked, so I've gotten it installed by going into Windows safe mode.

I imagine this is something unique to my computer or I suspect I would have found others having the same issue. I just can't seem to find any spurious program running that would interfere with the installation. The only AV I have is MS Defender, and turning off real-time protection and excluding all the relevant folders doesn't seem to do the trick.

This isn't a huge deal because I've always managed to get them installed in the end. It just would be nice to figure out where the issue lies.

Walter Meier

Hi Walter,

I haven't heard of this one before, but very hard to guess.

Are you on an SSD hard drive?  If not (you're using the old style drivers), maybe try de-fragging.

Make sure no other programs are running in the background... maybe on of these is conflicting?

Thanks Bryan!

It's an SSD. I'll look at my running background programs when I get a little time. I can probably run it down with a little diligence. I'll report back when I figure it out.

Walter Meier

Haven't had a chance to sit down with it just yet. Next week my schedule seems a bit more reasonable. I'll have a look then.

EDIT: I actually had a little time right now and was able to track it down. It was a utility called RGB Fusion that came with my motherboard. I must have installed it as part of a utility package. I don't even know what it's supposed to do. Anyway, all's well now.

Edited by cannonplug
New info

Walter Meier