Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Nvidia performance article

8 hours ago, Grand_Pubah said:

That's the one I installed. Thanks

465.89 sounds like a beta driver. I always install the latest official driver. Beta ones are always risky.

This topic confirms that version will cause problems.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/598170-nvidia-46589-error/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you Ray!  After many hours trying to resolve this same problem (with P3Dv5.2 Hot Fix 1) I found your Avsim posting and after turning off the RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server) application frame rate screen display my problem went away.  I haven't tested it but expect if I set all the executables in the RTSS folder to "Run as Administrator" the access denied problem would also probably go away.  Much appreciated!

17 hours ago, ValinHawK said:

Thank you Ray!  After many hours trying to resolve this same problem (with P3Dv5.2 Hot Fix 1) I found your Avsim posting and after turning off the RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server) application frame rate screen display my problem went away.  I haven't tested it but expect if I set all the executables in the RTSS folder to "Run as Administrator" the access denied problem would also probably go away.  Much appreciated!

I’ll be interested in your findings @ValinHawK. I had Afterburner and RTSS starting with Windows. If running them with admin privileges sorts it I’ll be grateful to you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 7/18/2021 at 6:37 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ll be interested in your findings @ValinHawK. I had Afterburner and RTSS starting with Windows. If running them with admin privileges sorts it I’ll be grateful to you.

I have afterburner and rtss starting with the OS, still no issues here at all.  What versions are you running Ray?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

33 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I have afterburner and rtss starting with the OS, still no issues here at all.  What versions are you running Ray?

I uninstalled and downloaded latest versions of both. Sorry, don’t have version numbers as they were both uninstalled. No issues since so it’s clear they were having a negative impact for me.

Odd you don’t have the problem though. Have you tried switching vehicles in the sim? That never worked for me. DXGI Access Denied every time.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I uninstalled and downloaded latest versions of both. Sorry, don’t have version numbers as they were both uninstalled. No issues since so it’s clear they were having a negative impact for me.

Odd you don’t have the problem though. Have you tried switching vehicles in the sim? That never worked for me. DXGI Access Denied every time.

Just like you found, only had issues when switching with the OSD displaying. When the OSD was off , no problems.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

@kevinfirth, when 5.2HF1 came out even accessing the menu was enough to cause the crash. At that point I gave up.

It was reported to LM but as usual there wasn’t even an acknowledgement of the problem. They’re their own worst enemies at times.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

32 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@kevinfirth, when 5.2HF1 came out even accessing the menu was enough to cause the crash. At that point I gave up.

It was reported to LM but as usual there wasn’t even an acknowledgement of the problem. They’re their own worst enemies at times.

I really don't think it's an LM problem, they can't be expected to address DX12 issues relating to 3rd party applications which aren't even P3D specific

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

I really don't think it's an LM problem, they can't be expected to address DX12 issues relating to 3rd party applications which aren't even P3D specific

Agreed but when the author of RTSS said he wasn’t prepared to buy P3D just to fix the problem I had nowhere else to turn.

I reported another issue to them which others confirmed was a problem but still they don’t acknowledge your report. I’m told they read everything but a simple confirmation isn’t asking much.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather