Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

MSFS Will Not Start - CTD

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds like a server issue or one of  the 33 accounts MSFS has to log into before it will OK you to fly....

Hey, it's cool.

Going to take a look at it again in the morning.

Teething troubles I guess.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

Just now, Jeff Nielsen said:

I just restarted.  Haven't had the issue in a while though.

Yes restart works much better than shutting down and starting up again. It clears the memory. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

Any ideas or help?

Have you installed the so-called "CTD vaccine" ?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

3 minutes ago, David Roch said:

No way.

Why? 

Should we?

I had zero CTD's up until yesterday afternoon - after having MSFS 2020 installed from last August.

Give us the Sales Pitch on that one - if you'd be so kind?

10 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Yes, and before I did that 30-50% of my flights were CTDs.  Since I installed it, I have had 1 CTD in about 30 flights. I only have 3 things in my Community folder, the G 530 Mod, The Mooney and the JF Arrow. I am not putting anything else in that folder. The default scenery and airports are fine as far as I am concerned. I don't spend a great deal of time at airports anyway. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

No way.

Why? 

Should we?

I had zero CTD's up until yesterday afternoon - after having MSFS 2020 installed from last August.

Give us the Sales Pitch on that one - if you'd be so kind?

On the contrary, I suggest removing it.
@ the OP: Have a look here:

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, LouP said:

Just change your sound output and let us know if this works, it's a known bug if you search on it.

LouP

I only had one "active" sound device.  I tried reactivating a disabled one, but no change.  I have a few different "nVidia xxx sound" and have not tried every single one.

Eric Szczesniak

36 minutes ago, David Roch said:

I have not.

Eric Szczesniak

My particular issue may be related to Windows 10 virtual memory.  From some troubleshooting threads discussing this, I tried changing from automatic to manual and MSFS started up.  It's only be once so far, but it may be a fix.  Interesting, I did not the automatic settings had the "available" virtual memory set to less than the "recommended".  I can't explain why any of this would have changed, but I won't argue if it works.

Eric Szczesniak

12 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

I have MSFS installed on a laptop and on my desktop computer.  I am able to continue using my laptop fine, but am unable to start MSFS on my desktop.  I had a period of inactivity, so this was last updated with world update 3, then wasn't started again until after the flaps hot fix and sim update 3 were released.  The simulator is fully updated and ran once.  This was run solely to update.  It was shutdown and when I cam back about a week later, it will not start.

I run the sim as an administrator.  I get the early splash screens, checking for updates, and then the splash screen advertising the UK-Ireland update.  The loading bar gets about 3/4 of the way across the bottom and the screen just closes.  If I try to start it again, I get "there is already an instance running of this plug-in" and it crashes at the same place.

I have updated Windows and nVidia drivers.  I can't think of much else to do, as not much is happening to troubleshoot before the crash.  I see it listed commonly to clear the rolling cache, but this seems more for scenery errors and I can't even get in the sim to do this. *EDIT: I have also moved the content of the community folder without improvement*.

Any ideas or help?

Delete the contents in folder Users........SystemAppData/Wgs restart sim and let the sim update and reset all Joystick and System settings. Mine did this as it was a Joystick profile button configuration problem when changing button assignments then wouldn't start with a joystick in. 

Edited by 40track

It's so word not allowed random - and dependant on our own hardware.

It's a pain in the posterior for certain.

I'm in to Day Three of trying to get back up and flying.

Absolute bastaad software with a totally random file structure that Win 10 bends like the wind to it's will.

Lucky I haven't got anything better to do tomorrow.

What gets me - more than anything - is I didn't touch a thing between having a perfect flight on Friday morning. Shutting Down and then a few hours later - booting up to go flying, and then this; Three days later - still grounded.

I had issues with my two Carenado planes last week, now for some reason, I can't even start MSFS at all! It simply won't start, no matter what I do. Asobo, you need to get your act together and sort this darn nonsense. It's getting beyond a joke.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Well, MSFS is dead again.  Changing the virtual memory allowed it boot once, but no more.  Same crash now.

Eric Szczesniak

A cure for all this craziness might be Asobo on the next update bringing everyone back to the original program which didn''t have all these problems, and start over again, with updates that are beta tested first. 

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone has asked for a refund? It's perfectly legitimate, as the software is clearly unfit for purpose.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776