Sign in to follow this  
Neutrino Flux

I've been a hater ....

48 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It's on this forum, you can search for it. 

I found it. The search function for some reason didn't work for this post.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

That's right up there with 'Google is your friend'.

Thanks Ron,

Never heard of google, so you're my hero.

Actually I had searched google before asking here, and all I got was Wuhan plague listings - figured you especially would appreciate that.

54 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It's on this forum, you can search for it. 

Interestingly it doesn't come up in a search on the MSFS forum here, I had to search the main forum page to find it...weird.

Thanks Bob.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I like to fly VFR and IFR. I tried MSFS when it was released and after few flights I knew the sim was not ready for IFR flying and I thought that the sim was more like a beta version and not a finished product, so I stop flying MSFS and kept using other sims

Last week i decided to give it a try after 7+ months and also installed the WT CJ4 mod, and I have to say that I am in love with MSFS now and It will be hard to fly again in other sims, we just need more great quality aircrafts like CJ4 or CRJ.

• Like 3

On 3/22/2021 at 8:47 AM, dmvega81 said:

I like to fly VFR and IFR. I tried MSFS when it was released and after few flights I knew the sim was not ready for IFR flying and I thought that the sim was more like a beta version and not a finished product, so I stop flying MSFS and kept using other sims

Last week i decided to give it a try after 7+ months and also installed the WT CJ4 mod, and I have to say that I am in love with MSFS now and It will be hard to fly again in other sims, we just need more great quality aircrafts like CJ4 or CRJ.

I concur with this

This weekend for the first time I fired up the Cj4 for a longer online flight and filed a SimBrief-plan and imported it to the FMS. Studied SIGwx-charts and relevant wx at destination. Approached the flight as I would a P3D flight, basically.

So In the aircraft I had:

• Fully working Navigraph charts in the avionics with geo-reference
  • Accurate FMS LNAV with VNAV path calculations
  • Convincing fuel burn and Rem. Fuel predictions
  • TO/Land performance
  • TAS within 2kts from Simbrief

MSFS gave me:

• Winter landscape as I departed (rightfully so, aerodrome is at latitude 67 north)
  • breathtaking views from above of mountains, frozen lakes really beautiful and believable
  • Great performance despite gaming in 4K
  • Accurate cloud coverage for most part, crosschecked with my Windy app
  • Cruise OAT within 1 C from SimBrief OFP
  • Wind component matched reasonably well

I've been simming since 2000, and I'm not quite sure - for this flight - how P3D would "simulate" it better. 
For sure I miss my ezdok and more correct weather at the airports. Make no mistake. But with broad strokes, this flight was as convincing as anything I've had recently.

I know it's not FSL A320 depth, but for me, it doesn't have to be.
MSFS has come such a long way in 7mo it is ridiculous, when you think about it.

• Like 7

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

On 3/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, Neutrino Flux said:

Yeah I guess i'm just not hardcore enough mate I'll go and stand in a corner and say some hail Mary's ...... That help your boggled mind ? 🙄

Better yet, follow his advice and check out all the stuff he mentioned.

15 minutes ago, cobalt said:

Better yet, follow his advice and check out all the stuff he mentioned.

I did. It's still ####. 

The only thing I miss from P3D are the add on vintage aircraft, there is no way I would personally go back to it, MSFS is the way forward in my opinion.😎

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

I've been getting blank screens in the tbm, pulling my teeth out wondering what was causing the problem, I have tried everything to to fix it, removed all the other mods etc but still had blank screens when I flicked the battery switch so a couple of weeks ago I decided to go back to xp11 and I bought aerobasks phenom 300 and it is just fantastic, it really is but the graphics in xp11.... omg, it was a complete turnoff for me with being used to fs2020, so a couple of days ago I downloaded the crj mod and did my first flight in it and was blown away and I had no problems at all, all the screens came on and just had a mega flight from Newcastle to Liverpool in the UK.... I would love the Phenom 300 in fs2020! 

I'll prob stay with fs2020 now and fly the cj4, I still can't get the screens working in the tbm but I mean fs2020 is breathtaking isnt it, the bloody scenery is unbievable, the weather, the lighting..etc it so makes it....itll be a mega simulator in a year or two for sure. 

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

After the last Hotfix, I started having CTDs again. Will Fly for Cheese, gave me two suggestions, deleting one of the files that were part of the hotfix, FS Nav something or other and setting Virtual memory for 16 GB ram. Between doing those two things, I have had many flights that have been CTD free. I have to stay away from flying in the UK, since that seems to be problematic for me. Other than that, everything seems to be working well, the sim is stable, and looks great. I could never go back to P3D at this point, it feels like running a 15 year old program . I just hope the next update doesn't corrupt what I have working decently now. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Personally I haven't really had any problems. Im not consider going back to older inferior sims. It's 2021, not 2006

• Like 1

vatsim s3

1133704.png

On 3/20/2021 at 2:38 PM, Johnny19 said:

word not allowed, I don't remember last time I had a CTD in P3D, I know I haven't had it in MSFS. 

CTDs are an indication that a machine is not set up correctly or is having issues - Temps, bad OC etcetera.

IOW MSFS is maxing out your rig.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 3/20/2021 at 4:32 PM, kiwikat said:

Have you tried the WT CJ4? It alone would stop me from going back.

For me it's the Corsair and Spitfire.

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

27 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

CTDs are an indication that a machine is not set up correctly or is having issues - Temps, bad OC etcetera.

IOW MSFS is maxing out your rig.

Cheers

bs

Not true at all. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dillon said:

For me it's the Corsair and Spitfire.

The Corsair is really well done! I think the spitfire needs a few more QoL changes but it's pretty cool too.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png