Sign in to follow this  
Neutrino Flux

FPS And Docked ATC Window

Sorry if discussed before but I've noticed that if I move the ATC window from my main monitor to my 2nd monitor I get about a 35 FPS increase !

• Like 1

That's a bit weird. I get a significant decrease if I move the ATC window to another monitor.

Could you share some of your system specs, Neutrino Flux? And if you're running windowed, borderless or full frame? I'd love to get that increase too. 🙂

Edited by Republic3D
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 hours ago, Republic3D said:

That's a bit weird. I get a significant decrease if I move the ATC window to another monitor.

Could you share some of your system specs, Neutrino Flux? And if you're running windowed, borderless or full frame? I'd love to get that increase too. 🙂

I’ll add specs in the morning but I would say my system is about a third the speed of yours lol !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neutrino Flux said:

I’ll add specs in the morning but I would say my system is about a third the speed of yours lol !

I'm still interested. 🙂 It's all about getting the best performance. Sometimes it's the smaller details that make a difference. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

Riva tuner just adds the fps of both windows if one window is undocked. Try the internal fps counter in dev mode. No magic bullet, sorry.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I'm still interested. 🙂 It's all about getting the best performance. Sometimes it's the smaller details that make a difference. 

Sorry I forgot ! Not including all the other stuff hung off the system - 3700X with 32Gb of DDR3200, EVGA 2070 Super main screen Samsung 27" 144Hz with G-Sync at 1440p. FS Running from a 1Tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus

Edit to say built it October 2019

Edited by Neutrino Flux
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neutrino Flux said:

Sorry I forgot ! Not including all the other stuff hung off the system - 3700X with 32Gb of DDR3200, EVGA 2070 Super main screen Samsung 27" 144Hz with G-Sync at 1440p. FS Running from a 1Tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus

Interesting! That's a great system. I have the same combination of manufacturers, AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU. Do you enable G-Sync when using MSFS? I have mine turned on and usually it's working really great. I have V-Sync turned off in sim.

I'll have to try experimenting with the undocked window. Just waiting for a fix for the latest stutter problems.

7 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Interesting! That's a great system. I have the same combination of manufacturers, AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU. Do you enable G-Sync when using MSFS? I have mine turned on and usually it's working really great. I have V-Sync turned off in sim.

I'll have to try experimenting with the undocked window. Just waiting for a fix for the latest stutter problems.

Yes have  G-Sync on. I can drop a 5900X into my board so will probably do that at sometime I do a lot of video editing and the extra cores will come in handy. I would have purchased a 3900 when I built the system but couldn't get one anywhere ! I'm happy enough at the moment with the 2070S ( well you have to be dont you lol !! ) at 1440p may go  for a 3070 when you can get hold of them or the next gen equivalent I think a 3080 or above would be a waste of money at the resolutions I'm running at especially with DLSS...

One thing I have noticed personally is that running at 80% on the render scale I cant tell any difference in quality. Maybe just my old eyes !

• Like 1

trick is to not fly with with those windows open, especially ATC, simply not needed.

• Upvote 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

3 hours ago, Neutrino Flux said:

Yes have  G-Sync on. I can drop a 5900X into my board so will probably do that at sometime I do a lot of video editing and the extra cores will come in handy. I would have purchased a 3900 when I built the system but couldn't get one anywhere ! I'm happy enough at the moment with the 2070S ( well you have to be dont you lol !! ) at 1440p may go  for a 3070 when you can get hold of them or the next gen equivalent I think a 3080 or above would be a waste of money at the resolutions I'm running at especially with DLSS...

One thing I have noticed personally is that running at 80% on the render scale I cant tell any difference in quality. Maybe just my old eyes !

The R9 5900X is really great, I had a noticable difference from the R9 3900X I had previously on single core performance. I would highly recommend a 5000 series.

Anyways, with PC parts there's always the law of diminishing returns. The last 10% of performence costs at least 50% more. I didn't plan on getting a 3090, I was looking for the 3080. But it was impossible to find. For months every order I made kept being pushed back. I had 7 orders in, all of them were cancelled. Then I found an available 3090, and I bought it. It's just 10% faster than the 3080 at 50% more cost. And I'm still paying it off. Since then the prices have just kept going up. It's crazy. 

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 9:28 PM, Neutrino Flux said:

Sorry if discussed before but I've noticed that if I move the ATC window from my main monitor to my 2nd monitor I get about a 35 FPS increase !

O_o actually it HALVES the fps with VSync on. And decrese 5-6 fps with VSync off.

If you say otherwise, please prove it,as other people kindly asked.

15 hours ago, Alberto Zanot said:

O_o actually it HALVES the fps with VSync on. And decrese 5-6 fps with VSync off.

If you say otherwise, please prove it,as other people kindly asked.

Hi I'll not be proving anything thanks 🙂 it either works for you or it doesnt.