Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

unplayable

4 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

it is totally unplayable after the last update i'm not even sure i'm getting 1fps

Yup.

I can't even get beyond the Checking For Updates Screen - let alone slipping the surly bonds of Earth.

Sim has been behaving perfectly since August 2020.

I'm at a loss on what action to take save for a Windows reinstall, etc.

8 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

it is totally unplayable after the last update i'm not even sure i'm getting 1fps

Nope. Had a wonderful flight from LAX to KSFO with the CRJ right now. Real Traffic was great too, albeit all planes were about 40 minuest late. 🙂

Edited by crimplene

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Yup.

I can't even get beyond the Checking For Updates Screen - let alone slipping the surly bonds of Earth.

I haven't read of one person  that reinstalling windows fixed anything with MSFS 2020. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The latest update messed something up but since I lowered my terrain LOD to 80 I have had several successful flights without the issue.  Descent into KORD looked pretty bad though with the low LOD but was at least flyable and pretty smooth...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

5 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Yup.

For Christ sake don’t wipe your system, why would you do that.

the game is a bag of sh1te, that’s all there is to it.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Hey, I'm not too fussed.

I've been a Beta Tester since Release. Just because I paid for the privilege doesn't mean to say I need to take up an aggressive position on it.

I'm waiting for it to shake itself down and sort itself out.

And No! - I don't work for Asobo. 😉

• Like 1

I've spent $2500 US dollars on a 3090 in hope to get the best experience I can.  You can imagine my disappointment when I saw a dip to 6 FPS around KORD area.  There are many times where it goes to around 15 or so FPS.  SMH

4k ultra settings

Edited by Brandon01110

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

9 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

Succinct, and to the point :laugh:

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, ashepherd316 said:

It is not true for me.

There are well documented spots where some stutters come up. Some even freeze the sim. But since the updates, with my older hardware and mediocre connection, I’ve had a dozen flights with the Cub and the Spit in the US, in Europe and Asia perfectly smooth with no CTD. As I understand many other users. 

‘Totally unplayable’ are big words  which aircraft and where ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

I certainly agree with the first sentiment - don't wipe your system, it's not likely to fix things and outrageous to suppose you'd have to for a computer game anyway. I'd think that if you were contemplating that, it'd be because you were experiencing more than mere problems with MSFS.

The second sentiment is a bit on the harsh side though; it is undeniably a bit on the choppy side compared to what it was prior to the last update, but it remains usable. I've personally only had it do that 'insert the disk' malarkey once (just the other day) and I suspect it was a wifi issue, but other than that it has always fired up and worked and I've not had any CTDs with it - literally not ever.

I'm not pushing it with the resolution - I run it at 1920x1080 with my Radeon RX 480 which has 8Gbs, but I do have the graphics cranked up high in terms of all the GPU whistles and bells. Given this doesn't result in any issues, I strongly suspect that running it at 4K is the source of many people's woes, although I have tried it on much higher resolutions on occasion out of curiosity and it kept on ticking anyway.

Most notably, I don't sling many (if any) mods in it, because I strongly suspect a lot of them would be faffing with things which hit ghosts in the machine which then cause problems. As a result, it fires up up every time and I think the only other issue I had with it was an update for a Carenado aeroplane bought in the in-game market was reluctant to update which necessitated me manually deleting the file and then restarting the computer and sim a couple of times to get it to kick in.

I have done a few of my own mods, in the sense of converting quite a lot of old FSX/P3D aeroplanes to run in MSFS and making the odd bit of scenery for myself, and even that hasn't really troubled the sim, but if I did begin to experience problems, they'd certainly be the first thing I'd look at given that I've not thrown any community-based mods in the sim, and I think I've only got one or two payware airports in the sim as well, so this fairly modest approach to buggering about with it might be a reason why it's not having any problems and I'd imagine this is indeed the case because my computer is not exactly a flying machine in terms of hardware, it has an Intel i5 7400 Kaby Lake, but it does have a lot of RAM (44Gbs) which means I can get away with running the sim and a lot of other system-intensive things at the same time, for example Premier Pro whilst recording video and doing V/Os.

So if you want my recommendation. I'd say knock it down to 1920x1080 and ditch a lot of the mods, then see how you get on. If it doesn't bomb, you are on the way to sourcing the problem.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Did you try this —>

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

13 hours ago, ashepherd316 said:

No. Check your setup and trouble shoot on your end. 

lower resolution to 1080p thats what i do, fps are 60 average, not bad since whatever sim you were playing was at 1080p anyway, and wait until performance improves or read workarounds and rigs from people not having these issues

10 minutes ago, kapitan said:

lower resolution to 1080p thats what i do, fps are 60 average, not bad since whatever sim you were playing was at 1080p anyway, and wait until performance improves or read workarounds and rigs from people not having these issues

I work a few days a week with very high end 4K and even 8 k monitors we use for testing high end video equipment. I can't for the life of me understand why someone sitting two feet  away from a monitor needs 4K. Your eye can't even resolve that resolution, and your GPU and CPU are working like crazy trying to pump out these pixels. I have a monitor with 1080P and my CPU and GPU are just loafing along. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310