Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Aerosoft CRJ for MSFS

Is this expected to be supported already with the existing files for the P3D version? Or do you need to make some adjustments? 

I'm also curious to know how friendly the addon is with MCE.

I know msfs itself makes things hard for MCE developers but perhaps there are new solutions with the CRJ, perhaps new APIs or sdks.  MCE's dev team are creative and smart though, I won't be surprised if  they would suddenly come up with new workarounds and such.

I would say most of my sim time was  spent with the aerosoft A320 under MCE. It is such a rock solid aircraft and also very friendly to casual simmers while still being complex, so i am looking to fly with more aerosoft addons.

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Is this expected to be supported already with the existing files for the P3D version? Or do you need to make some adjustments? 

If you download the latest MCE version, this has all the checklists that are used in the EFB.

I'll let the MCE guys tell you where they are up to with the Asobo platform.

Hats off to Aerosoft, this is a peach of an aircraft with complete systems. 

• Like 1

we don't have the plane yet.

What is done in latest version was to ensure aircraft is identified (based on David's feedback) as a CRJ, with relevant voice commands enabled.

Also, a new checklist that matches what's on EFB has been provided courtesy of David.

FO has access to whatever responds via the Simconnect inteface. Autopilot functionality (some of it will need to be ironed out), radios tuning, Gear, Flaps, Spoilers, parking brake and maybe a few other items like power levers, fuel levers.

For now, according to David, you'll have to manage the overhead panel yourself. Therefore not ready (total control as under P3D & FSX) for Blind Visually Impaired pilots yet.

We'll know more later.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 12:56 AM, charlie130 said:

If you download the latest MCE version, this has all the checklists that are used in the EFB.

I'll let the MCE guys tell you where they are up to with the Asobo platform.

Hats off to Aerosoft, this is a peach of an aircraft with complete systems. 

I've downloaded and installed v.2.9.0.7 for MSFS, fired up the Aerosoft CRJ 700  but the Checklist tab is greyed out. I've tried enabling under the General tab but nothing happens. I can't check the checkbox.  Any ideas?

Also, what is the flows file called, as there appear to be 2 Aerosoft CRJ related files?

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

1 hour ago, STUART_H said:

I've downloaded and installed v.2.9.0.7 for MSFS, fired up the Aerosoft CRJ 700  but the Checklist tab is greyed out. I've tried enabling under the General tab but nothing happens. I can't check the checkbox.  Any ideas?

Same issue here. 

Also, what is the flows file called, as there appear to be 2 Aerosoft CRJ related files?

The correct folder in the VoiceScripts folder for the MSFS Aerosoft CRJ seems to be:

Aerosoft CRJ

(Not: Aerosoft CRJ-700 or Bombardier_CRJ_700)

4 hours ago, STUART_H said:

If you updated using the patch, make sure you also add the new "Aerosoft_CRJ_NSFS_Check.txt".

From now on, MCE will load a diffeent checklist with CRJ, depending on the running sim. "CRJ_Check.txt" is now default for P3D & FSX only

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

If you updated using the patch, make sure you also add the new "Aerosoft_CRJ_NSFS_Check.txt".

From now on, MCE will load a diffeent checklist with CRJ, depending on the running sim. "CRJ_Check.txt" is now default for P3D & FSX only

Gerald, I didn't use a patch. I uninstalled MCE, then installed 2.9.0.7 using the main download program.  Not sure that the above mentioned ...MSFS_CRJ.txt exists. What do you mean by "add", as I can't change Checklists at all, since the tab itself is disabled.

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

3 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Gerald, I didn't use a patch. I uninstalled MCE, then installed 2.9.0.7 using the main download program.  Not sure that the above mentioned ...MSFS_CRJ.txt exists. What do you mean by "add", as I can't change Checklists at all, since the tab itself is disabled.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Checklists\ and make sure you have a file named Aerosoft_CRJ_MSFS_check.txt

The other thing you could try is to restoe MCE to factory settings. No need for speech training.

Start->Multi Crew Experience->restore factory settings

56 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Checklists\ and make sure you have a file named Aerosoft_CRJ_MSFS_check.txt

The other thing you could try is to restoe MCE to factory settings. No need for speech training.

Start->Multi Crew Experience->restore factory settings

Gerald, did you mean in the folder ChkLst rather than Checklist? I think the latter holds XML files.

I do have the txt file in the ChkLst folder.

I noticed that the MCE config file in user\appdata\roaming has a zero against the Checklist line. Changed it to 1, saved the file and restarted MCE. The Checklist tab appeared enabled then disabled itself. Again I was unable to re-enable via the General tab.

I'll try the Restore to factory settings this afternoon and let you know.

BTW, when reinstalling MCE, should one go through the speech training each time as I've also noticed that the FO doesn't always here me, think he's going deaf!

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Gerald, did you mean in the folder ChkLst rather than Checklist? I think the latter holds XML files.

I noticed that the MCE config file in user\appdata\roaming has a zero against the Checklist line. Changed it to 1, saved the file and restarted MCE. The Checklist tab appeared enabled then disabled itself. Again I was unable to re-enable via the General tab.

BTW, when reinstalling MCE, should one go through the speech training each time as I've also noticed that the FO doesn't always here me, think he's going deaf!

Speech profile is managed by Windows and is only lost when you delete user account from machine or format C drive.

No sspech training requied after each update.

The only time you're advised to create a new spech profile, make it active and train it from scratch is when you switch headset or move PC to a another room with vastly different ambient noise conditions, as the speech profile integrates those elements in addition to your unique voice pitch and tone

2 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Hello Stuart.

I find exactly the same behaviour. My MCE loads up and if I'm running CRJ in MSFS, I see the UI with checklists tab enabled for 2 seconds, it then disables itself and I have no way of enabling the checklist feature. 

If I use any other MSFS aircraft, I have full and complete functionality of the checklists.

I have the MSFS CRJ checklist in the folder and a plain CRJ checklist which I try to delete but it keeps getting remade every time I re boot MCE?

Once I've lost the checklist tab, I have to open MCE in P3d in order to re enable it.

I don't know how I managed to do the video, since then every time I run MSFS CRJ and MCE my checklist feature is disabled.

I guess it's wait and see if the MCE wizards can get things going. The ships are done in other coding languages now, WASM being one.

Cheers and regards.

3 hours ago, STUART_H said:

46 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

I find exactly the same behaviour. My MCE loads up and if I'm running CRJ in MSFS, I see the UI with checklists tab enabled for 2 seconds, it then disables itself and I have no way of enabling the checklist feature. 

If I use any other MSFS aircraft, I have full and complete functionality of the checklists.

I have the MSFS CRJ checklist in the folder and a plain CRJ checklist which I try to delete but it keeps getting remade every time I re boot MCE?

Same here.

46 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

I don't know how I managed to do the video, since then every time I run MSFS CRJ and MCE my checklist feature is disabled.

Weird.

Thanks David for letting me know. I'll hang off doing any more testing to try and resolve. Seems there may have possibly been an issue between patching the previous version, which Gerald mentioned, and which I'm thinking you may have used to produce your video, and the latest build.

Gerald or Ben, can we leave you guys to look into what may be the issue, and ask if you might let us know in this thread, which we're following, once a patch of new version becomes available.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373