Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Temporary workaround to significant performance issue

23 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Excellent!  Next question...  Why does this work? :biggrin:

That's one reason I shared it on here. Maybe someone can figure it before Asobo does.

And now I can complete a flight that I've been trying to do since the update!

6 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

That's one reason I shared it on here. Maybe someone can figure it before Asobo does.

And now I can complete a flight that I've been trying to do since the update!

@NightOfDreams  Sincere thanks for sharing this.  I am keeping my eye on the thread you posted for the MSFS forums.   https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/anyone-recognise-this-place-76t-work-around/381329/5

Hopefully it will help Asobo get a handle on what is really going on in the sim, as they seem to be...  struggling!  (it's a Sunday so I am going to be a little bit on the side of understating things today :biggrin:)

PS.  I am now off to try this North-east of Salzburg, which is a known stutter / pause area for me.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

it works 100% everywhere. Take off from EGLC London city ( ultra settings) from 40s i went to 60s-75fps , smooth no stutters.

Now we have to find what exactly this scenery editor tweak make and why fps increased so much. I could still see Photogrammetry, textures quality, terrain level of detail as it was.

will check later with CRJ on ultra high demanding airport.

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Yeah, this seems to be a bit of a silver bullet. Just did a short hop LIPR > LOWL in Aerosoft CRJ550. Excellent performance all the way. One wonders why this is working... :blink:

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I gotta check this out. TKS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I thought I would try this and since I have never tried 76T before, lets start there

Screenshot-869.png

Could not do anything there.........3FPS was the MAX it was 1-2 most of the time I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to end MSFS....OK

The KORF (addon airport) was a nightmare after last update doing a patten, when going over coast to the water BOOM FPS/stutter...nightmare.

Tried this workaround......50-55 FPS no dips no stutters.

It seems to work 🙂

Now fix it Asobo

If you don't mind me asking....what's this fps counter you use? It has everything i'd want to see and looks perfect. Can't find it on Google.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I thought I would try this and since I have never tried 76T before, lets start there

Screenshot-869.png

Could not do anything there.........3FPS was the MAX it was 1-2 most of the time I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to end MSFS....OK

The KORF (addon airport) was a nightmare after last update doing a patten, when going over coast to the water BOOM FPS/stutter...nightmare.

Tried this workaround......50-55 FPS no dips no stutters.

It seems to work 🙂

Now fix it Asobo

If you don't mind me asking....what's this fps counter you use? It has everything i'd want to see and looks perfect. Can't find it on Google.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

unbelievable....over the most heavy demanding building area of London everything is green on Dev fps display with 60-75fps. 

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

It appears the person who discovered this work around may have inadvertently optimised the sim for Asobo!   Yay!   Who needs DX12?  :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, Aristoteles said:

LOL, I might be the first not noticing anything with this trick. Frames remain the same.

You have to go to the areas that are affected by the recent fps drop bug. In those areas this workaround is very perceptible. It does not change the normal framerate - which is good, btw.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

That's the MSI Afterburner display I think. It displays a lot of useful info and manages GPU fan speeds.

• Like 2

Mike Beckwith

42 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

That is from a Riva Tuner Statistics Server with the OSD set on for optional parameters. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

• Like 2

WAT1460.png

So workaround for dummies, please:

1. enable DEV mode —> done

2. Create a new project —> means I just have to save the default MyProject at the given folder, right?

3. Start Scenery Editor: puts me in outside view of the aircraft, default key to toggle views does not work.

What am I doing wrong? Also, do the small dev windows need to be active/open? Seems if I close them the fix wont work anymore?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

So workaround for dummies, please:

1. enable DEV mode —> done

2. Create a new project —> means I just have to save the default MyProject at the given folder, right?

3. Start Scenery Editor: puts me in outside view of the aircraft, default key to toggle views does not work.

What am I doing wrong? Also, do the small dev windows need to be active/open? Seems if I close them the fix wont work anymore?

3.keys are working, check on keyboard ( insert, End, Home etc). the only window which is important is the Scenery editor which you could minimize. All other dev windows aren't important. 

• Like 1