Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Temporary workaround to significant performance issue

6 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

3.keys are working, check on keyboard ( insert, End, Home etc). the only window which is important is the Scenery editor which you could minimize. All other dev windows aren't important. 

I guess the only thing you lose in developer mode is logbook entries. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

UPDATE: Bad news.

This does not work for a full flight.

I Just did a Flight from EIDW  to EGNT both had addon airports.

All was well, really well untill I got close to EGNT, FPS droped to 26-27 (FPS locked at 30)

Then I saw and landed with nothing there, no airport just photo base and grass all ove the runway.

EPIC fail.

I turned of scenery ed and parts of the airport came back.
Screenshot-874.png

Sorry guys.

It might work for short flights but.....as you can see.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

18 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

UPDATE: Bad news.

This does not work for a full flight.

Yup. Just noticed this myself. Did a new 300NM-ish flight and the destination airport was very interesting to say the least.. Real bummer.

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I am guessing that in scenery editor mode only local'ish scenery is rendered as that is where you will be editing. 

No point in loading world wide assets, hence the performance jump. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

I am guessing that in scenery editor mode only local'ish scenery is rendered as that is where you will be editing. 

No point in loading world wide assets, hence the performance jump. 

That as Richard and myself have found out saddly seems the case.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

As I mentioned here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/anyone-recognise-this-place-76t-work-around/381329/63?u=omarsmak

Guys, I think this solves the issue that that is related to this 10fps thing. However, from my testing, it doesn’t solve the issue that we are having here Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade 3

This should be clear otherwise Asobo will just do half fix thinking that workaround is the cure for all performance issues which is not

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

12 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

Asobo is probably already aware of the issue. They are just making sure they QA properly before they release the fix.

Thanks for that - I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!   😁

• Like 5

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

16 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

Asobo is probably already aware of the issue. They are just making sure they QA properly before they release the fix.

Does Asobo ever know the meaning of QA? 😆

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

18 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

When it’s ready for QA they will release it to us to test as usual. 😉

• Like 3