Sign in to follow this  
eslader

P3d4.5 @ KXTA. Is this a bug or a feature?

Just for fun, flew the Janet-livery PMDG 737-600 from KLAX to KXTA. Everything went fine until I was taxiing after landing. Turned a corner on the taxiway at normal, slow taxi speed, and my plane suddenly skidded violently sideways and then straightened up and accelerated to 240KIAS. The throttles remained at idle, and the engines never spooled up. It was like a fighter launching off a carrier - no way the plane could do this on its own even at full thrust.

So is that a bug, or is it simulated alien technology? 😉

Mods installed: Active sky for p3d, Cloud Art, some ORBX stuff (incl. Vector), and that's about it. It's a pretty fresh re-install of p3d. 

50 minutes ago, eslader said:

Just for fun, flew the Janet-livery PMDG 737-600 from KLAX to KXTA. Everything went fine until I was taxiing after landing. Turned a corner on the taxiway at normal, slow taxi speed, and my plane suddenly skidded violently sideways and then straightened up and accelerated to 240KIAS. The throttles remained at idle, and the engines never spooled up. It was like a fighter launching off a carrier - no way the plane could do this on its own even at full thrust.

So is that a bug, or is it simulated alien technology? 😉

Mods installed: Active sky for p3d, Cloud Art, some ORBX stuff (incl. Vector), and that's about it. It's a pretty fresh re-install of p3d. 

Could be terrain / elevation error like we have when crossing bridges?

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I thought about that, but I landed again and went through that turn several more times and it never happened again. Still could be, if it's a very small area for the error.

I kinda did wonder if maybe it's a random joke left over from the FSX days - I remember you could occasionally see UFOs hovering around in the area.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, eslader said:

I thought about that, but I landed again and went through that turn several more times and it never happened again. Still could be, if it's a very small area for the error.

I kinda did wonder if maybe it's a random joke left over from the FSX days - I remember you could occasionally see UFOs hovering around in the area.

Probably have to find that G spot again, it's not big, but when you touch it, it will be wild 😛 

Edited by Hoang
  • Like 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5