Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Strong sales of CRJ may lead holdout devs to prioritize MSFS

2 hours ago, Mace said:

Why does every thread in the MSFS forum have to be like this?

Don't worry, it's all coming.

I call them, "Defenders of the Realm". They're not limited to one simming platform. They exist in almost every product made for flight sim. They see their mission in life to defend their chosen product against anyone and everyone who might have a different opinion. It's the nature of our world.

• Like 6

NAX669.png

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Do you foresee hardware devs ever making XBOX compatible yokes/sticks/rudders/throttle quadrants?

What do XBOX console users have so far?

A gamepad and keyboard?

There are already X Box controllers available. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tflight-hotas-one

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

'Strong sales of CRJ may lead holdout devs to prioritize MSFS'

Yeah right. Who are these 'holdout devs'? Is anyone aware of any developer doing that? Anywhere? At all?

If there genuinely were any developers waiting to see the results of the sales of that CRJ before deciding to make stuff for MSFS, they've not only missed the bus, they've also missed one one behind it too.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, flyforever said:

I understand that FlybyWire mod reached 1,000,000 downloads. For any developer, free or not free, these numbers are historic for such a short time.  We had forgotten how powerful the MS flight sim brand was and still among consumers. The race has begun......

Yeah, but if you use anything other than the STABLE version of A32NX, you have to download the new version at least once per day, so those numbers may be misleading.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kaosfere said:

And PMDG have finally cottoned on.  😄

PMDG have been saying since long before release day that they'd be bringing their planes to MSFS. So I'm not sure what your definition of "finally" is, but you might need to revise it. 

• Like 1

Oh boy MSFS on an xbox. That will be magical. 🤔

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I don't understand why everyone is up in arms with PMDG. if you want a 737 fix we have a solution for that already. The Broedok 737 which is now available and sold by Microsoft on their Maretplace. Go get it before it's all sold out.. 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I guess everybody and then some bought the CRJ hoping for a complete aircraft, better than the FBW 320. For me, some knobs more to turn don't make a complete aircraft. But I remember that I had to wait years for their 318/319 for Prepar3D to become almost complete. I basically got it shortly before MSFS invited me to Alpha. Funny, sort of. I consider my 50 EUR for the CRJ currently as a donation for further development. Next time I'll sit in one I'll try to ask the pilot if this thing is really so hard to fly. 

• Like 1

Hans

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

What’s interesting is that PDMG is now prioritizing the development of an airliner for MSFS again, after shifting their priorities away from MSFS to P3D back in the fall of last year.  I’m sure that PDMG overcoming some of the obstacles they claimed they faced with the MSFS SDK is one reason they are prioritizing MSFS again.  But somehow, in the back of my mind, I am speculating that PDMG also knows about the strong sales of the CRJ for Aerosoft (especially since PDMG has a good relationship with Aerosoft) and this helped convince PDMG to prioritize getting an airliner out for MSFS.  Remember that Aerosoft said their P3D sales were poor last year so that's why Aerosoft is prioritizing their products for MSFS and X-Plane now.  One wonders if PDMG is finally seeing poor sales of their P3D products too.

Speculating about their motives and you can't even spell their name right lmao

• Upvote 1

Sounds like PDMG need to recruit new talent, who will embrace the new tech.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

From what I have read, and what I have seen in a couple of video reviews, I hope it causes other devs to test, prove, test, prove, and take more care before releasing anything.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Who or what is a 'PDMG'?🤪

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

5 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

but guys. when XP12 comes out...MSFS will be in trouble....remember

XP12 might indeed be an alternative. Especially if MSFS can't fix things like the mass-less beahvior of its planes. On the other hand, third party planes are now rolling in, improving flight dynamics and system simulation significantly.

On the graphics side, MSFS has nothing to fear. It looks superb and offers worldwide ortho out of the box. Can't beat that with procedural landscapes. A real field will always have a distinctive look that algorithms can't copy.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, people are spending thousands of dollars on a PC and hardware for MSFS anyways.  People will pay $140 USD for a PDMG airliner if they really want a study level Boeing for MSFS.

But yeah, I doubt that X-Box players would spend that type of money on MSFS.

Ehh, I'm not so sure. There's the Xbox Elite controller, which is literally the normal controller, but slightly better. And while it is fun to imagine this hobby is niche, I see a genuinely large market for MSFS on Xbox. Especially on the Series S - kids, for example.

Having worked in a competitive technological environment and been on the receiving end countless times, I'd be very surprised if Mr. Randazzo hasn't lit a rocket under his co-workers' collective a$$e$ following the release of the CRJ and it enthusiastic (with some exceptions) reception.  The clink of Aerosoft's cash registers can probably be heard across the ocean.

No problem with that, if anything it's all to the good.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2